Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-26-2004, 10:08 AM
TE Newbie

Default Swedish law on TreakEarth

Hi Ebbe,
I was woundering how Swedish law affects this shot here on TE. Swedish law states that NO image of people (that can be identified) can be pubished without thier authorization. Does this law only effect comercial stuff on the internet?
Old 10-26-2004, 08:26 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Swedish law on TreakEarth

I don΄t think the legislation is that clear and the intention of the law is to protect wide spreading of information that is supposed to be kept personal. I can΄t see how passing a square in gaylight can be such info. Could be a grey zone here. I looked a bit on "http://www.pul.nu/" and followed the link about pictures on the net. This does not seem to be a Swedish issue only. But if the purpose is artistic or journalistic more is allowed. Strange really but also subject to changes as it seems.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:49 PM
TE Senior Member

Freud was here again, I hope everyone understood that I mean daylight......
Old 10-26-2004, 08:53 PM
TE Senior Member

And according to that article it would be so for Italians too but we tend to think that people in other countries have no laws???

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Italy/photo95381.htm
Old 10-27-2004, 01:48 AM
TE Newbie

Belive me I thought long and hard about putting that picture on TE. But in the end I thought that her face was coverd with enough hair.
But thats not really the point here. My point is to raise the legal issue and start a discussion and find out more facts on what's "legal" and not. I know what the law say's about commercial use of these kind of pictures, but to find out more facts about uncomercial use was a bit harder and as you say, it's a grayzon. And I really hope that we can enjoy our freedom to perform our art without interference from "bigbrother" or having to have a presspass. I can allready imagine the next step in the US, people patenting their bodys and suing people with digital cameras under the DMCA :)
On the plane to Italy I was told that I only could use my camera if it was pointed towards the window next to me. What's up with that?

And yes, I understood the freud thing :) Though it would have been interesting to see what gay lightsource would have looked like :)