To MiguelP: Thank you, Miguel... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MiguelP 2004-09-26 18:06

Wonderful photo, full of live Dominik. The contrast between the woman and the boy versus the bilboard of Nike is great (I fell more atracted to the lady than the perfect body of the advertasing). The compositions is great: We all live overwelming by the publicity. Merci beacoup pour partager cet moment. Aussi merci pour la note, je suis completment d΄accord avec votre point de vue et c΄est necessaire de le dire dans tous le context possible.

PD: I ought to say you should have 673728325 points instead the superboring colections of sunsets people use to ahhhh! ohhhhh! ehhhh! (including those sign by me).

Old 09-27-2004, 04:28 AM

Default To MiguelP: Thank you, Miguel...

I'm always more attracted by people than ads. I'm definitely not a good costumer for marketing departments and supermarkets. So I understand very well your instinctive feeling with this picture. That's exactly why I took it, to begin with!
Concerning points (and after reading quite thoroughly the last threads about it in the forum), I still think there are more interesting alternatives in terms of photography than emulation of postcard perfection (which takes us to the first point I adressed above). Everything lies in the eye of the beholder, for those images are generally less immediate to decode and subtler to appreciate. So, to paraphrase myself (how selfish of me!), look around you and change the world... ;-)
Thanks again...