To rabani: Oh, thanks for the note Rabani! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good rabani 2006-11-15 0:57

Potrait Photography
The one thing potrait photography is definitely not is headshot for identification purpose. Potrait is really about capturing expression or anything that is moving or not on the face, or just about anything on the face which evokes emotion on those that see it. To create a better or deeper impression, you need a good balance of light and shadow and this balance is not about quantity. It is about the right amount of shadow to frame what is on the lighter side or part. That's why most photographers prefer B/W when it comes to potrait as this medium is good at showing expression as colors can be distracting. Just seeing a B/W is a good enough reason to see what's in it.
For this shot Frisco, I'd concentrate on his face and let everything else go. Here's a tip; shoot the face that looks at you when he or she, has an emotional reason to.
Regards Frisco
Rabani

Old 11-16-2006, 05:47 AM
TE Newbie

Default To rabani: Oh, thanks for the note Rabani!

i really needed some advice on portraiture... have been reading some books on photographing people but never got the desired picture, i think your notes are indeed useful, i really value them... thanks
FrisCo