To PixelTerror: re - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great PixelTerror 2006-07-03 4:21

Ciao Paolo,
Is Italia's fate of tomorrow so bad that you feel the need to go praying ???
Nice blue hour view, was it on tripod or hand held ? agree you could have gone for some more pavement and less sky, the basilica is well sharp, the houses on edges are much softer.
Buona giornata & forza Italia !
Jean-Yves

Old 07-03-2006, 12:36 PM
TE Expert

Default To PixelTerror: re

Hahhaha...i'm not a so big lover of football, i prefer other sports, but i'm Italian, and maybe an Italian not so interested on football as me is a great supporter in other Countries...
here is not easy don't watche the matches on tv.
its are on 2 channel (Rai and Sky), all the rest of tv channels in that days have only old movies of the 50's (the bad ones!) and other terrifiant talk show; then there are the football talk shhow about the WC.
all the day...
the newspapers have big articles on the first page, also today...when no one yesterday played!
so, it's hard to live "outside" the cup in Italy.

but next weekend i will be on the Alps, and as in all the past sundays will come back in Milan in after the dinner, at around 9.30-10.00, so it's really easy that i'll lost the Final of the WC!

btw...in the year 2000 i went to Sydney to see the Tri-Nation of Rugby! Australia-South Africa and some days later in Auckland to see New Zealand-Australia!
i'm addicted, but not by football!

ciao
Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: A PixelTerror: re

Hey Paolo, do I notice here you're a rugby fan ??? I'm not into football too, but here as in Italy it's difficult to stay completely away from it, it's everywhere in the news !!!
But the REAL event is next year, when the rugby world cup comes to France, would love to see a Blue-Black Final !!!
JY
Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 PM
TE Expert

Yes, i'm a fan of rugby.
i've never played rugby (i palyed i think at all the sports except rugby! football, basketball, judo, ski, atlethic, swimming, ice-hockey...), but in my family it was a sport played from not few people, cause the parents and the relatives of my mother were all born between Venice and the Friuli region, that are the 2 main land of rugby of Italy.
a far away cousin of my mother, Elio De Anna, was captain of Italian national team in the 70's and he was also selected more time for the Barbarians (the club of the better european players), other cousins played in the first league with the Rovigo, Treviso, Udine teams in the 60's and 70's.
And my father was a moderate fan of rugby and i went many times with him when i was child to see the Amatori Milano (that is a sort of Real Madrid of rugby in Italy).
but i don't know why....i never played rugby!!!

i went last year in Roma to see the 6 Nations.
great matches and geat mood, the opposite of football!

a France-New Zealand final should be fantastic for the beautiful game that both team play.
i'm too bored by the Australian and South African ones, too few fantasty, too few game with the forwards...

but i'm hope also the Italy will be able to arrive to the QF!
but...we lost few days ago with the Fidji at Nadi!
Fidjians destroyed us!
in the past winter they came to play against Italy, and they asked to play in south Italy, to have good weather, cause it was december.
the maatch was played in Milan, at the Monza Stadium at 6 p.m. with 40cm of snow, and with -8° or 10°!
Italy won in an easy way....of course!
so, few days ago there was a revenge!
maybe they played on the beach, at noon with 45°!
;)
Old 07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
Banned

LOL 45°, certainly they are subject to weather conditions, last time they came to France (in december) they cashed 60 points !!!
BTW your comments about rugby are an opportunity for me to mention the Italia national team has improved quite a bit since they have joined the 6 nations, now a game in Roma is no longer an easy win and can even turn into a defeat, which is good for the overall interest of the competition.
I hope France can keep up the good level, they are on tour too and recently defeated the Boks in South Africa !!!
In any case, we'll have fun next year Paolo :-))
Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 PM
TE Expert

Apart Italy, i think that not many people know that this is not the best national team that we had in the last 20 years!
in the foreigner countries people see Italy play just only from the 6 nations.
before Italy was as Romania, or Spain or Georgia...small team.
but for the 10 years before the entering in the formerly 5 Nations Italy was a better team that the one of the last 5, 6 years!
Italy won against France in Lyon or Grenoble, Ireland, Scotland, lost of few point against England at Twickenham and with Australia in Melbourne. and we won evrytime against Fidji, Tonga, Samoa, Argentina...
unfortunally taht great team that had as coach the french George Coste and as captain Marcello Cutitta (and the most part of players that came from the same club: the Amatori Milano) never played in the 5 Nations!

thanks to that great group of players, Italy came in the 5 Nations, but when it became 6 Nations all that were too old!
so we did our first championship with young players, and for a large part with a low quality!

and finally Rugby is a minor sport in Italy.
is a regional sport, played just in Lombardia, Veneto, Friuli, few cities of Emilia and in the whole cente-south Italy just in Roma and Catania!
it isn't play at school and the total number of federaton players is LOWEST that Fidji island and a third than the Wales that is the smallest of the 6 Nations!!
so the it's really hard to Itay to won against France, England or the Southern big 3!

do you know if the WC will be played also in Cote d'Azur? Nice? Marseille?
or just in the South-West and North?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

Some matches will take place in Marseille and Lyon

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/EN/Home/RWC+Finals+Matches/

JY
Old 07-03-2006, 02:02 PM
TE Expert

mmmhhh...

4 08/09/2007 New Zealand Europe 1 C Marseille
maybe Italy will be the Europe 1 team....

thanks, ciao