Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great startacked 2006-05-19 18:00

Detail and colors are excellent again Ryan. It see that you don't use max res but ofcourse do use max file size. I think this causes the compression to be lower and leaves more detail. Do you resize first and then look at compression or first at low compression and resize accordingly? Gilbert

Old 05-20-2006, 05:14 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To startacked: Compression

Gilbert,
The only reason I didn't use max res is because this is a vertical shot I like it to fit well on the monitor. I have a low res monitor (1152 x 768). I do use max res, or close to max res, on horizontal shots.
My method is to resize first (~600 for vert, ~800 for horz.), then sharpen, then I use the "save for web" option in Photoshop which allows you to choose the amount of compression. It also shows what the file size will be, so I choose the least amount of compression possible while staying just under 200K.
Regards,
Ryan
Old 05-20-2006, 12:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To startacked: Compression

Thanks Ryan. I thought I discovered some of your magic but I guess the magic is not in the amount of compression or published resolution but still in the picture itself. (;
Gilbert