To vapours: this - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great vapours 2006-05-04 4:11

Hey Brady,

A good idea to capture the expressions of the kids. The placement is good, the way that she is coming from the top right gives the scene some height. Only slight problem I see is that there is not a whole lot of focus on the kids face, she is kind of lost and blended into the background if you know what I mean.

Only thing I could see which *may* help that is by using a lower f/stop.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:33 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To vapours: this

I did a change in the RAW processer to see if I could add some light on her face. please give the W/S a look if you get a chance to see if that is better.

thanks
b
Old 05-04-2006, 06:45 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: To vapours: this

Yeah that helps a bit, although what I meant by f-stop is by using a lower aperture on your camera. It gives a shorter depth of field, so it will blur the background but keep your subject in focus.

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Middle_East/Turkey/photo366405.htm

This shot here in my collection is a good example, the tree in the background is blurred out, so all the attention is on the only thing thats in focus which is the juggler.

Generally I'll keep my aperture at the lowest possible on my camera when shooting for that reason.

Brendan
Old 05-04-2006, 08:06 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To vapours: this

got it. I was using a big f-stop becasue she was moving FAST and I thought that I was going to loose some focus on her. So I chose a smaller f-stop to give me some room for error.

Thanks for your help. I tired to shoot in the lowest fstop but I kept loosing my focus or missing it just a bit. I think I will have to give that method a try again.

thanks
b