To cdewet: diffuser ? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great cdewet 2004-05-09 9:54

Now I grew-up with German Brotchen, schinken und fleischwurst! This makes my mouth water. Try a lower shooting angle, and less light on the flash - use a diffuser, a tissue paper or tracing paper, and you will get a more pleasing picture.

Old 05-20-2004, 11:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cdewet: diffuser ?

Thanks for your comment, I have been thinking about it for a few days...
Do you mean I should have placed something between the flash and the Brφtchen to soften the light (should it have been close to the flash or a few inches away ?) ? Or do you mean something around the brotchen to bounce back the light of the flash on the Brφtchen ?

I really like your bird pictures, it decided me to make my own bird theme (I did some bird photographing a few years ago, when my zenith photosniper was still working (see here )

Best Regards
Old 05-21-2004, 10:08 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To cdewet: diffuser ?

Hi Lau
Yes, I meant there is too much light on the subject, it is in affect slightly overexposed. You fix this by placing a diffuser - a milky white plastic cup, over the flash head or some tracing paper, also milky white or you use a white board to reflect some light on the subject and not flash. This gives you more even and softer light and enhances the exposure more correctly, resulting in a better picture overall.
And thanks for likinmg my birds, I will check out yours now.
Sorry I took long to answer, but I did not get a mail to come and see.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Bodinux: Sniper?

Sorry, I thought it was some of your bird pics. I know the gunstock, but not this "gun" will go and read up. Danke
Callie