To Homerhomer: street_parade_Zurich_2005 (#3)

• Thank you, Peter
    Thank you for standing up and saying(writing) what you think,
    I never mentioned they were kissing they had fun and you can call it what ever you want but it was a moment, I also believe and I will show it to you tomorrow that a kiss is something beautiful and you can see other pictures of mine that
    has a good kissing.( http://www.trekearth.com/themes.php?thid=2659)

And if it is the shock element that made people click why did any body stop and say (like you) I donít like it or it is tooÖ
    Why?

All im trying to do is project the situation, I was NOT a person standing on the side (pavement) and clicking I was in the parade I was parting and dancing and drinking AND taking PICTURES and thatís the different between my pictures and the rest,

Did you ever get close (like 0.5 meter) with a camera and a flash unit and a 17 mm lens to a kissing couple?
    I did, and it is not easy, there is the emotional part that you disturb, there is the intimacy, there is the physical distance and there is respect and all this you have to break to get close but without disturbing them.

Im learning and I like your reaction and appreciate it
    Tell me tomorrow when I upload a different picture what you think.
    Ishai
  • Re: To Homerhomer: street_parade_Zurich_2005 (#3)
    Interesting thing about photography is that it is soo subjective that none of us is wrong, we are all right, you are right in wanting to present the situation, I am correct in receiving the message the way I see it, which could be completely different from the way you are trying to convey it, and the viewers who are looking at the picture the way you want them to, are also right, this isn't math, this is a very subjective matter and no matter how willingly and aggressivly we defent our point of view, we still gonna be both right.
    What is important for you doesn't have to be importan to me if I don't see it, if you take photo of a painted horse and all I see is a zebra, well then this is all I see and for me this is a picture of a zebra and not a horse. Same applies here, I see two poeple kissing, is it what they do in reality? not important to me, for me is importat what I feel and see, and not what you felt and saw and whether you were a participant or just observer.

The fact that being with the camera so close maybe difficult isn't important either, the final result is.

Now for your latest upload I will reply since you ask for my opinion, I guess my taste is fairly unique, and I see that number of poeple like it, well for me it just doesn't do much, sorry I am difficult to please sometimes.
    Here is the example of a photo that I really like, well it comes from one of my favourite photographers so there is no surprise here.
    http://www.agencevu.com/en/photographes/default.asp?Photographes=1
    Please click on the second photo in the third raw.
    I like it because first it's made in the style that appeals to me, bw etc, secondly I feel the passsion.

Thanks for allowing me to express my own opinion, and since this is an opinion it's not wrong, and you are not in disagreeing with it.

Also thanks for your kind comment on my photo, I am glad you appreciated my attempts of trying different things with camera because this is indeed what makes it interesting for me.
    Peter
    i must say that it is a very nteresting discussion, and i find it very much valuable to have this photo posted as i have learnt a lot about both the thinking behind this photo, and the way peter definess photography - respect, man, for the way you expressed it;
    you guys take care, ciao
    I will show it to you tomorrow picture will come another day
    im waiting for the right moment

if you know what i mean

ishai