Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

weetrees 2016-04-03 12:06

Hey Brenda,
Love the movement in this one :-) and the message telling everyone to be vigilant
I certainly have't seen any in Glasgow or Edinburgh but we do have a crime stoppers helpline to call and give the police information on just about anything at all.
I was recently back on Manhattan but spent a fair bit of my time jumping over to Brooklyn. After all my years of visiting Manhattan I finally took to using the Subway.
It was fine most days but when i really wanted it to take me to Coney island it was running badly and left me unable to get out :-(
Hope you are well
John
PS i may post some of my film scan images from my most recent trip

Old 04-03-2016, 07:18 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To weetrees: Hi John!

Hello John,

It's too bad you didn't drop me a message before your visit. Maybe next time. It would be nice to meet!

I'd love to see some of your latest photos, so I'll keep an eye out for them.

As far as the subway is concerned, it can be a real mess, especially on the weekends. Things are usually normal in Manhattan, but there are lots of detours in the other boroughs. I live in Brooklyn, so I deal with this all the time.

By the way, there was a trio of Scottish musicians playing in Union Square a few days ago. One of them wasn't you was it? They played bagpipes and drums, and they were very entertaining.

Take care!
Brenda
Old 04-03-2016, 08:04 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi
It definitely wasn't me :-)
I was trying to get over for the Bears on Sunday so it was definitely the weekend. Not a single announcement at all. I waited 2 hours then gave up as i was looking to be at Coney Island for the Bears going in.

I should have dropped you a line before i came over i totally forgot. I was staying in an apartment down in Chelsea for a week and unfortunately i left just before the snow arrived :-(
regards
John