Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 10:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Lightbulb To willperrett: Copyright notices...

Hi Will
Yes it is
simple fact people steal stuff
I am very open about my hatred of Pinterest and was instrumental in getting the button to turn it off on here

Its not intrusive its educational taking up less than A top and bottom black border would on the image and less overall space than the dark line in the sand that runs from the end of the M of .com

Now the UK government is pushing ahead with its orphans police its more than ever vitally important for no work to be left on the internet without proper attribution
Trek Earth strips my metadata so i have to protect my product from unlicensed use

1 image from here was pinned to pinterest which was sub sequentially pinned between 4 and 10,000 times and it cost me dearly as my images were devalued by having them spread across the net with no attribution

This wont stop theft but it will remind people that the image has an owner and a creator
I would suggest if you value your work that you stamp it in the same manner

The watermark takes up single figures percentage of the overall total image area

Thanks for the comment
The Exif data on here does not recognise long exposures and defaults to 0
But I did include it in my notes.

Cheers
John