To ifege: Thanks for your comments - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Good ifege 2019-11-29 21:29

Hi Murat
I haven't commented on your Alaska photos as much as I would like for a reason - they just aren't sharp enough - maybe it is the camera that your using which doesn't ave a lot of zoom or maybe your not sharpening them enough before posting (I suspect the first reason).
So, as with many of your other photos I like the scene, just not the sharpness.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:07 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To ifege: Thanks for your comments

Hello Ian,
Some of the blurriness may be from the fact that I use my zoom at magnifications that should be taken with a tripod. I find tripods too bulky to carry. Besides, these photos taken from the sea are from a fast moving boat, so even a tripod could not help. It may also have to do with the quality of the lens. The Canon PowerShot SX60 HS is a bridge camera, has a long zoom but the whole camera costs as much a mid-priced zoom lens would, so I don't imagine the optics are the best quality. I guess I should go back to my Nikon with the Tamron lens, but that is sooo heavy!
Is it just my Alaska photos or my photos in general that lack sharpness?
Thanks,
MT
Old 12-02-2019, 03:44 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Unsharp photos

Hi Murat
On having a quick look back at your other photos I think the problem is the camera as your photos with your Nikon are all sharp.
I put up with the weight when travelling - full frame Pentax and a couple of lens. On moving boats I always shoot at very high shutter speeds, often well over 1/1000 sec.
cheers
Ian