To Michael_Gan: about the tango dancers and the bridge - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Michael_Gan 2006-03-09 10:13

Hello Mathias. Nice nocturnal picture of this typical Calatrava designed bridge. I'm still wondering how we can trace the tango dancing couple in the design of the bridge... Other bridges of his have similar designs (even in the cold polderland of the Netherlands) but I don't believe that he used tango dancers as inspiration for all of these bridges! I think you have achieved a good result with this picture, although the two big lights on the right are a bit disturbing.

Old 03-09-2006, 06:24 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Michael_Gan: about the tango dancers and the bridge

Hi Michael. Thanks for the note. I also keep wondering myself about the tango dancer's inspiration for the bridge's design. And I really don't believe in it. I think this is another architecture building that's projected and then, after it's finished, the architect looks and says: hum, how can I justify this in a romantic way? It happens all the time among architects (and I must say, I am one of them...).
I have seen even scatches showing a couple dancing and the bridge behind, forcing an explanation, but it sounded weird to me.
Anyway, I wrote it at the note because at Buenos Aires, this explanation is everywhere and we speak about the bridge.
Once again, thanks for your note.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:32 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To Michael_Gan: about the tango dancers and the bridge

Yeah... I know about explanations of architects of inspiration for their designs. My girlfriend is also an architect, haha!
I knew about the story, because I visited Buenos Aires myself in 2004 (during a journey to Patagonia, see also my pictures on TE) and also had a look at this bridge. But I still haven't figured out how to match its design with tango dancers... Thanks for your quick reply! See you around, Michael.