Workshop Ratings Now Available

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Re: Workshop Ratings Now Available
    > One more idea - how about showing the statistics relating to critiques/workshops
    > in the yellow box when you hover over the star, instead of bringing up a new window?

That would cause trekearth to work a lot harder to display each page as it would have to look up the statistics of every person on that page in order to create the page. I don't think the functionality would be worth the performance hit. Just my opinion, though.
    "Is this by design?"

No, that problem appeared on several other pages as well. Anyway, I believe I have fixed this so it should display properly everywhere. Thanks for pointing that out.
    " don't think the functionality would be worth the performance hit."

The original reason was indeed performance related. Now that this information is cached it makes no difference in speed so I have added it in. If others think it looks awkward I can always remove it. Thanks for the idea.
    I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to make the workshop ratings completely analogous to the usual photo ratings - ask for a comment, too (and same smileys)? I'd like to see more discussion of workshop changes.

I like the new [workshop] [compare] links with the critiques!
    I tried to mark a WS as useful this morning but the buttons to do so didn't show up. When checking with a photo that had already been marked as useful and showing that somebody had marked it as such, the buttons were there. What happened ?
    I'm referring to Greg's WS on the picture "two on the terraces". on other pictures the buttons appear.

It would be great if we could have an "edit" feature for our messages on the forum.
  • Re: How to know...
    <b>"Hmm, I'm going to have to add this information in somewhere"</b>

Do you think it could be possible to add the "Useful" ratings in our list of "Workshop Photos" in our "Manage" area?

Bonjour & Amitiés - Viviane
  • Re: How to know...
    "Do you think it could be possible to add the "Useful" ratings in our list of "Workshop Photos" in our "Manage" area?"

Yes, makes sense, I'll add this in eventually. Thanks for the idea.