New Quick Critique Feature

• This new feature is for those who don't want to write a critique but wish to acknowledge the photo nevertheless. No points are given for quick critiques.

To leave a quick critique, select one choice from the 'adjective' dropdown, one choice from the 'subject' dropdown, and click the 'Quick Critique' button which is located right below the usual critique area.

The current choices are:

Adjective list: 'Great', 'Nice', 'Beautiful' 'Wonderful', 'Fascinating', 'Informative'
    Subject: 'image', 'composition', 'colors', 'composition', 'texture', 'note'

To view quick critiques, click on the [view] link next to the 'quick critiques' row which is listed below the 'Points' row.

If anyone encounters problems or has suggestions on how this feature may be improved, please let me know. Thanks!
  • Re: New Quick Critique Feature
    No negative adjectives Adam?

;)
    For the record, I feel if one is to make a negative critique, it should be more personal, in written words.
    It'd be nice if these showed up in our critiques received area so that we know which shots are receiving quick critiques.

Also consider adding "funny" or "hilarious" as an adjective. And maybe "interesting" (or maybe not -- probably most interesting notes are informative as well). Another possible subject is "technique".
    "It'd be nice if these showed up in our critiques received area so that we know which shots are receiving quick critiques."

There is now a 'Quick Critiques' tab for each member.

'Also consider adding "funny" or "hilarious" as an adjective. Another possible subject is "technique".'

"funny" has been added to the adjectives list. "technique" has been added to the subject list. Thanks for the feedback.
    Thanks Adam.

Hey! Can somebody give me a "quick critique" so I can check it out?

Not sure if it would be worth implementing but it might also be useful to see the quick critiques ones has given. It would be useful to help find particular photos ones has visited. (Sometimes I'll want to look at a photo later; if I know I critiqued it recently it is easiest to find via the Critiques Written page)
    Hello Mike!
    Here you go! I have made a "quick critique" on one of your photos.
    FYI

Thread regarding change in this feature
    <i>In addition to critiques, and in place of 'Quick Critiques', it is now possible to leave 'comments' instead. Smileys may be left with comments as well, but points will not be counted.

Comments are meant for general messages like, 'nice shot', or 'beautiful, I love that country' etc.

I plan on adding the ability to filter out comments (it will be displayed by default). I also plan on not displaying comments in the main critique, 'critiques written' or 'critiques received' area for non-members.

Finally I will be disabling critiquing ability (but not comments) for those who continue to write numerous 'nice shot' general type critiques. Since it will still be possible to write comments, this will not limit members from writing comments about any photo. I feel this is better than simply removing the critiques instead.

Any feedback on this is welcome.</i>