Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 12:33 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Copyright Infringement and theft of Trek Earth photos

Dear Trek Earthers,

It was recently brought to my attention that a number of users on here have had there photos used on another site, mine included.

You may like to have a look at these pages, to see if you too have had images stolen:

http://xepyka.livejournal.com/#xepyka45572

http://heruka.dreamwidth.org/

If so, and you are unhappy about this, I suggest you email either copyright@livejournal.com or privacy@dreamwidth.org

The guy is passing off many images stolen from members on here as his own -- what a cheeky sod.

Casper
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Copyright Infringement and theft of Trek Earth photos

Well it looks like he has deleted his Dreamwidth account containing many of pictures he had stolen. Good!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 AM
TE Expert

Thats good news! Thanks for contacting me about this Cassian - hopefully he has learnt his lesson!

bw KEv
Old 09-12-2009, 10:34 AM
TE Junior Member

No probs Kev. Besides a number of your pictures he also had a few of Roberto's (Broglia) and those of many others on here. Auldal was the first to alert me, and it seems he had taken images from other people, a problem I now notice had already been discussed on here:

http://www.trekearth.com/read.php?f=2&t=756403&m=1042393&tt=flat

I suppose it is flattery in some way, but of the thieving kind!!
Old 09-19-2009, 01:17 PM
TE Expert

it just amazes me someone can play such games and hope to get away with it!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM
TE Newbie

Hello:
I am a hobbyist musician and was wondering if there is any way to use the pictures from Trek Earth on a YouTube music video. I have a song titled Brazilan Dreaming that I would like to produce with around 40 photographs from the Brazil cagegory and was wondering how to do this legally and with everyone's ok. Being retired and on a budget just isn't possible to purchase each one. The video will not be for profit and I will not take credit for the picture and and will provide a link to Earth Trek in the video credits for all photographs and warning that photos are copyrighted by the individual photographer. There will be no money made off this video. This video is being made for a musician's recording forum project and not for profit.

If this is not possible I will surly understand and not use any photographs. I think it would be a great way to provide a beautiful showing of your photographs to a large audience. Thanks for you time and for posting such great photographic art here at Trek Earth. I will be happy to provide a link to the completed video at mediafire.com for your viewing and approval. Thanks you for your consideration.
Warm regards,
aswegohomestead.com
Old 09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
TE Junior Member

It's quite simple, you need to contact the photographers who's images you intend to use, individually, and reach an agreement with them. Preferably, a written agreement (transfer of copyright). There is no other way.
Roland
Old 09-29-2009, 06:24 PM
TE Newbie

Thanks Roland, Maybe on another project. I don't have time before my deadline to contact that many people. Shame the pics would have been beautiful with this instrumental and make a nice photo showing on YouTube. I will definitely be back to try and do some kind of collaboration. If there are any photographers that would be interested in doing a video collab tell them to just let me know. I think it would be a fun project and open another avenue of exposure.

Again thanks to all the photographers in the Brazil Category, I looked at each and everyone and are they beautiful! I found so many favorites, both pics and photographers! Wish I could afford to buy them all.
George
aswegohomestead.com
Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
TE Newbie

Hey Roland,

I got to thinking and thought I would just post asking for anybody with photo's in the Brazil that would like to collab on a video project to contact me. Hope that was ok to do. Maybe I'll get a volunteer LOL. Being a retired sailor I remember how that works though LOL, Thanks again for your fast response and help.

George
Old 09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
TE Junior Member

I think it was a great idea, and I presume that many photographers on the site would be willing to provide their images at no cost for a non-profit project.
Roland