Annoying Ads on Trekearth

• I have no problem with an ad on this site off to the side, but when its right up top covering over top the navigation buttons near the top ( like the camera site ad ) it becomes so very annoying....
  • I agree there ...and you may want to attach this thread to the "Why is TE losing members thread" ...this is the only site I ever saw that forces you to click on something else to get to where you want to go through the use of ads blocking link buttons and text ...it's not good.

Ads, sure thats fine, it's all about money ...but ads forcing you to go somewhere on the site to get to where you wanna go?

...yes, I said the same thing twice. It's not a reason for me to leave, but if I was a potential new member, I think I would see that and be like "no way".
  • I beg to differ, guys!

I disagree on the following issues:

1. ads - I do not see them 'cos my FireFox doesn't show them
    (see the attached screenshot I've just made)
    It's absolutely no problem getting rid of them.

2. I love the word "loosing" - is it really "loosing"? or, perhaps, "losing" was actually meant?

3. of course: some members got angry and quit slamming the door behind them; some left quietly...

... but some members quit TE or simply "paused" or slackened their activity not because of stupid ads or any other similar reason.

But have you ever thought that there may be lots of other reasons not related to TE in any way (those include work and/or family reasons)?

If you ask me, I've slackened my activity (posting photos, writing critiques) for the past month for one and only very simple reason: huge workload (now I have to work on Sundays as well) which makes me exhausted both physically and emotionally, so for the past weeks I've been only an observer, not an active member.
    so?...

• I'm moving this to the Feedback forum. I don't have any problem with ads overlaying the navigation buttons so hopefully the techies can come up with an explanation.
    What OS and browser are you using?

I'm OK with Vista & Firefox 10.0.2
  • Regarding Ads Blocking
    I have firefox on my laptop and I keep getting the ad all the time...then I go back to my email notification link and use that to bypass the annoying ad.
    Thanks
    Paul
  • What version of Firefox? I have 10.0.2 and no ads covering the tabs...
  • inexact!
    It is inaccurate!!!

People leave because they are fed up absurd constraints, unpredictable functioning of the site, the arrogant tone of words with which they are treated, and with this kind of disingenuous words:

Quote: I beg to differ, guys!

I disagree on the following issues:

1. ads - I do not see them 'cos my FireFox doesn't show them
    (see the attached screenshot I've just made)
    It's absolutely no problem getting rid of them.

2. I love the word "loosing" - is it really "loosing"? or, perhaps, "losing" was actually meant?

3. of course: some members got angry and quit slamming the door behind them; some left quietly...

... but some members quit TE or simply "paused" or slackened their activity not because of stupid ads or any other similar reason.

But have you ever thought that there may be lots of other reasons not related to TE in any way (those include work and/or family reasons)?

If you ask me, I've slackened my activity (posting photos, writing critiques) for the past month for one and only very simple reason: huge workload (now I have to work on Sundays as well) which makes me exhausted both physically and emotionally, so for the past weeks I've been only an observer, not an active member.
    so?...
  • Quote: ...and with this kind of disingenuous words:
    Joel,
    I was of a better opinion of you.
    Sorry.
  • Me too
    Me too, of you