Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: France vs Portugal !

I don't think it was intentional but i do think he had 'lost his head' and was into a dangerous play mode - at least on all the monitors i saw he stepped back and was unsighted - i think he's an aggressive little bugger and still has a lot to learn about his own aggression and temper but I genuinely think he was just fighting a little too hard - I hope children can still be produced - we seemed to play better without him - shame Beckham was taken out so effectively - also i would imagine without any malice or forethought - our most able spot kicker disabled by a tackle - that did change the game for the worse in my humble opinion - it wasn't good we had to take that penalty twice either but hey Europe won collectively last night and it wouldn't be such a bad thing to see Portugal hold the trophy aloft for a change...although I will probably cheer for the knights of France - a close thing - in many ways difficult to choose but i hope it is one of you that raises the trophy this year!

There are so many players these days playing across countries it
Old 07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: !!!!!!! PORTUGAL !!!!!!!

What are you talking about? Eurovision song contest maybe?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:12 PM

Kev,

Intentional or not he was playing a little bit rough, and after the events of previous games I dont think that the referee wanted to let the game slip into a violent match.

About Beckham, to be true I didnt saw what happened, and only realized he was injured after he took of the shoe and sock and made a painful face. In fact I was surprised to see he was replaced until that moment.

Still, England was far more dangerous in the area near the goal line and if it had won it have deserved it. As I said, Portugal failed a lot of passes between players and hardly could make the typical great creative plays.

In terms of penalties its a total lottery, except for a team having Ricardo eheheh. Ive only wished to have him score the last penalty as in euro 2004 :-)

But in a completely different issue Im happy Portugal won, not because of the English but because of English press (BBC, The Sun, Daily Mirror, etc.) Ive been reading these last days a lot of lies, distortions and dubious selection of quotations, and became to understand one of the reasons why theres violent behaviour from some English football fans

For example, Eriksson said he knows the Portuguese very well and that we have fair-play and are a football loving nation, amongst other things, and no media referred that! In fact that censorship was news here Weve been basically portrayed as evil, and receiving a lot of humiliating remarks all around People here resented that a lot.

English seemed to be fed with a very partial and tendentious view of the events and lately react because they already have a pre-conceived idea made by two or three people who control media. And the result was that at the end of the game the English fans in a German city expelled the Portuguese from a plaza throwing stones at them including small kids And the camera was there to register the moment. And I wonder how the media influence these events.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:22 PM
TE Expert

Hi Jose - I think any sane - freedom loving British person is really sick to death with the British media - when i came back from Canada a week ago I went into a papershop and left wishing I were on a plane straight back again - there is a level of stupidity amongst 'In-Ger-lund' performers that betrays the invasive Romano-Scando-Franco-Germanic ancestry of the English...as for us gentler 'First Nations' tribal Celts - who of course are much related to the northern tribes of Portugal - well we have a different view - and we are not always that gentle of course ...but stones at kids ....I would hope the cameras will pay their worth and these guys will be exiled to some uninhabited island off Greenland where they can shout 'In-Ger-Lund' until they die horibly of starvation and exposure ...I told you us Celts get a little aggressive at times - but then we have the memory of the In-Ger-Lundites letting a million of us starve to death in the mid 1800's whilst their warehouses and ships were full of grain...no bitterness there of course - the Irish inherited America and disinherited large numbers of First Nations people on that continent instead....

football is so much more a gentle way of international connections.....bravo Ricardo!!! Rooney I would love to do some work with to channel all that energy and agression and frustration in a more productive way - Fifa is investigating him now - he feels that it was not meant - others have said his leg was held there to make it look worse - at the end of the day he was sent off and it's a game with rules - he was being given a silly task by this strange formation England were playing .......

Anyway - I'm all for Portugal taking the trophy - one of england's oldest friends but I'm also rooting for france (one of England's oldest enemies) - even if large numbers of the english are ancestrally French!!

A victory for Europe ...I don't really want to see England win another WC until we are more ready as a society to grow up a bit - this country is a little like a cantankerous old person reliving their teens at the moment -.

best wishes Kev
Old 07-02-2006, 08:23 PM
TE Expert

hahaha!!!

who knows - perhaps the world tiddliwink championships!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:12 PM
TE Expert

why allez les bleus in a portugal win thread?????????????????

I saw both matches, And find really sureprising people think more to say about the boring afternoon match, tied up to the shoot-outs, and so littlle about the display of mastery and true real upset of France-Brazil.
I mean, remember what was said before and during the cup, by me the first: Brazil was unbeatable, period. Portugal-England was a lousy match, and the result provided no special justice of what happened on the field.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 PM

Kev,

us Celts get a little aggressive at times

Man, who doesnt? The Portuguese performed probably one of the most violent acts of mankind history in a worldwide scale Intercontinental slave trade at a massive scale

But that does not mean a nation is bad. Sometimes mistakes are made to learn with them

About the media I believe that the British (not only them) are hostage of bad information and especially misinformation although Im completely republican I think its a disgrace what happens around the royal family with all the paparazzi

And thats a pity because when people abuse freedom of speech the first step its taken to reduce the liberty of the people, as those wishing to control information will have an argument to do it and the support of the majority But this is a long discussion not very suitable to TE forums too

But again regarding football, I believe you should be supporting Portugal Its better to be beaten by a world champion than by a looser team :-)

In Portugal when, we are beaten by someone who became champion, we look at it as fate, as the fado. That team was meant to be champion in that moment and nothing could have stopped it so we had bad luck crossing it.

Herve,

Unfortunately I could not see the Brazil-France game as the transmission of the world cup is being dominated by the pay-tv mafia and only some games are shown on open channel :-(((

But the emotion the few minutes of the penalty kicks has, beats any emotion a game with only one goal can give ;-)

Figo, Deco, Ronaldo and Pauleta (is this name familiar to you?) will teach the Bleus what a football game is all about But at the end, may the best Portuguese team win!

;-)
Old 07-02-2006, 10:39 PM
TE Expert

But the emotion the few minutes of the penalty kicks has, beats any emotion a game with only one goal can give ;-)
--------------------------
Indeed, but not much to do with the level of soccer playing in the 120+ minutes before it ;-)....
No, what really amuses me is how much certain countries have fans by the millions who simply cannot fathom the idea that a game has to be played before the result is known. No matter how their team has been beaten before, unsuccesful, unlucky, trumped, etc... it will win, period and in a way that the other team will bite the dust. Footbal is such a sport that many elements get into a game, and hopes seem to fit better than certaibties. I have no idea that France will beat Portugal, i hope so. and my pleasure and anticipation is not lessened by this rather glorious uncertainty, on the contrary.

Notice your sentence about what football is. all these players play/ed yearly in clubs where they have teammates from France. Some made their career in France, where we don't know what football is all about (smirk)... Why say that? especially after losing against greece (???) at home, where every portuguese knows what footbal is all about. I think it is great that we have now teams totally knowing what football is all about, with no cinderella playing on top of their luck, a defensive sport-killing football. Tactic and technique are going to be primordial, and just as in FRA-BRA, the loser will have things to learn from how the winner won. Brazil was over-confident, individuality-reliant, none of these mistakes having to do with knowing football or not, but from the psychology of competition. the worse thing for the "bleus" now is very much to be considered favorites against Portugal. I hope they know better than that, and i think their fans are neurotic enough to not be super-confident. I certainly ain't.

may the best THAT DAY win, but really, may the referee stay out of it, and not be the 12th man on either side.

H

H

H
Old 07-03-2006, 02:40 AM
TE Junior Member

What next, the Olympic diving competition ?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:41 AM
TE Expert

hahaha!! Jose - the appeal of fate to a fatalist is irresistable - this is why I am shouting for the underdog!!!

hahaha!!

take care mate

kev