Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 02:37 AM
TE Expert

Question replies critiques

Why we don't receive an e-mail when someone replies our critiques?
Old 03-06-2010, 05:10 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs down alerts

It is a pitty that this feature has been disabled. This lack disturbs a lot, because this interaction was the best way to exchange and learn about photography and about the world.
There is a thread about it in the "feed-back/support forum"... here: http://www.trekearth.com/forums/show...=803889&page=3
We tried to explain this problem there, but I think the tech didn't understand, or, maybe, is it very difficult to repair this feature?
Very disappointing
Anyway... have a nice weekend, hoping it will be restored some day...

Last edited by Docarmo; 03-06-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:24 PM
TE Senior Member

Question I agree...

Yes, something tells me that we no longer (since the new Forum was launched) receive an email whenever someone replies to our critiques. These replies go to the Forum under Photos and perhaps the link inducing alerts is broken.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:53 PM
TE Expert

Red face if ain't broken don't fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docarmo View Post
There is a thread about it in the "feed-back/support forum"... here: http://www.trekearth.com/forums/show...=803889&page=3
We tried to explain this problem there, but I think the tech didn't understand, or, maybe, is it very difficult to repair this feature?
I can't believe that they can not put working what was already working before!
About the change, when this was OK and now is broken, it seems they forgot the first law of technical maintenance:
if ain't broken don't fix it!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:56 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation important

Just to emphasize the importance of the alerts for replies to critiques:
I can check if someone replied to a critique I wrote today, yesterday, or before yesterday (if there is that little cross)... But if someone replies to a critique I wrote the month before, or even before this... (and it is possible to happen!!!) Well... it is more difficult to guess, without alerts by e-mail... we want those alerts, please!.

Last edited by Docarmo; 03-11-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: text improvement
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 PM
TE Senior Member

Unhappy Furthermore...

And if you get a reply on a reply (i.e. a Photo discussion is started) you will not get any indication whatsoever about it. Which is sad, as it might give someone replying the feeling of being ignored.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:50 AM
TE Expert

Default useful alerts

It looks like the alerts are going haywire at the moment. I receive notifications now when I get a critique, something which I never asked for and which I do not find useful.

Useful are notifications whenever...
- someone replies to a critique of mine (something which I asked for, but it does not seem to work anymore)
- someone replies to a photo discussion I'm involved in (see previous post here)

Because this is where real interaction occurs, a lot more than in just giving critiques.

It looks like the alert system does not work anymore. Hopefully is this only a temporary fault, but while repairing this, it could be good idea to really improve it by adding the useful alerts suggested in this thread.

Benny