Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great photoray 2015-05-05 12:26

Howdy Karen,

Indeed, one may feel transported to another plane when visiting Death Valley. I enjoy walking out deeper into the Dunes early in the morning, and your image connected me to my visits witnessing similar scenes.
The wavy patterns on the surface are stimulating, along with the dramatic sky.

Thanks for sharing,
Cheers
Ray
PS: I had read the road to Zabriskie Point would be closed for repairs in March?

Old 05-07-2015, 04:09 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To photoray: death valley

Hi Ray, I was there the last week of March to take photos and the road was not closed. I didn't pay much attention to what was going on with road repairs. Zabriskies Point is such a huge tourist attraction. They charge to park your car. Geez. Perhaps by the time I was there the repairs were finished because the road was great.
I love the desert and I can see why so many are attracted to it. Solitude, peace, a remedy for the intensity of the city.
Have a great day,
Karen
p.s. I discovered that camping is free in Alabama Hills.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Wink Death Valley, etc.

Howdy Karen,

Good to hear you were able to drive to Zabriskie Point, one of my favorite places in Death Valley.
And the Alabama Hills are also a worthy destination. There have been many movies and tv scenes filmed there.
I hope to buy a camper to place on my pickup truck. We sold our motorhome, and prefer the smaller and more flexible pickup camper. In the meantime hotels will be necessary.

Continue the interesting travels and photos,
Sincerely,
Ray