Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2015-07-29 2:35

Hello Les,

An interesting note and two gorgeous photographs to accompany it!

The fabulous light is what makes your main photograph so appealing - the bright sunlight in the mid-ground which lights up the yellow/green fields and the distant part of the near field of cut crops and stooks of straw - in contrast to the slightly darker background and nearest foreground. And what a fabulously interesting and complex sky, studded with its thousands of brightly lit clouds disappearing off to the horizon. A very fine composition with lovely light and colours and exquisite detai;ls and sharpness.

And your workshop picture shows the end result of this harvested straw - a beautiful and traditional thatched building in its perfect rural setting.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Here's a question I've always wondered about: What straw is generally used (or which is the best straw) for thatching? Is it wheat or oat or barley straw? I believe reeds and rushes have been used in some parts of the World for thatching, but what's the preferred stuff in Devonshire?

Old 07-29-2015, 10:58 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To lousat: Le Ragazze

Ciao Luciano. La ragazza a sinistra e la mia moglie, l'altra e la nostra amica australiana chi e adesso con Dio.
Ciao