Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great plamn 2007-04-06 5:52

Amazing light Valerka! Well captured.
Anyhow I would have taken the shot including the stall's light in the frame or cars, bus and passersby - this would tell the story of morning city and its people. I am eager to see another try!:-)
Have a good luck! Успех!

Old 04-06-2007, 01:10 AM
TE Expert

Default To haraldpr: Vlaanderen

Hi Harald,
I know that historic Vlaanderen was much larger than today, including today's Flandre in France. Even in Nederland there is a region called Zeeuws-Vlaanderen.
When I learned history of Portugal (my country) I remember that there was relations between medieval Vlaanderen and Portugal. And we used to see Vlaanderen as almost synonymous with Low Countries.
What I'm not sure is about Brussel. I know where it is and its present status. But originally or really? Is it a vlaams city or a wallon city? Or is it a wallon city in Vlaanderen?
Francisco
Old 04-06-2007, 11:13 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To haraldpr: Vlaanderen

Hello,
Brussel(s) is originally a Flemish city but gradually turned francophoneg. Today about 90% of Brussels's inhabitants speak French. Beware, they are NOT Walloons!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
TE Expert

Default "NOT Walloons!"

What a confusion! Even for me, that consider myself relatively well informed about the cultural mix of Belgium.
Before, I did see the situation this simpler way:
- Belgians that speak Dutch: Flemish people.
- Belgians that speak French: Walloon people.
But now you tell me that the Belgians that speak French in Bruxelles are not Walloons. OK, I'm happy that I learned something more today.
Regards,
Francisco