Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Furachan 2007-08-27 3:17

Cool shot, Rafal, I guess you've been busy lately. This one is brsting with dynamism and that peculiar kind of street narcissism one finds in Tokyo and Seoul I guess.
Nice work,
Francis

Old 08-27-2007, 12:26 PM
TE Expert

Default To Furachan: Busy

check out the Photography forum:) Ive been rethinking my photography from the ground up.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To Furachan: Busy

I'll check it out, man, that's a promise.
Me, all I want is a bloody Canon DSLR that can focus after that nightmare with entax!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:10 PM
TE Expert

what happened with the Pentax? Me, Im 99% decided on my Christmas purchase: 5D and the 24mm f/1.4 :) I was thinking of a zoom but the 24-105 and 24-70 are just too big, they are just ridiculous.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
TE Expert

Yeah the 5D is simply great but consider a couple of things, okay?
1. If you wait a bit, the 5D replacement will come along with MUCH better AF for one thing and you can either aim for that at same prices as the current 5D or splurge on a much reduced in price "older" 5D then
or
2. Take a long look at the new 40D which is a serius upgrade on your 20D I swear to yu - I've handled it 4 times so far chez Canon and it's a hell of a cam... Fas, precise AF and a super viewfinder, etc.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
TE Expert

I hate the crop factor. Pure and simple. For the 40D what can I get that will give me a wide angle and at a quality that I can get with the 5D? Im starting to shoot much more at night. I need a fast wide angle lens. Theres NOTHING that I can get for the 40D that will even approach what something like a 24mm f/1.4 gives me. On a 40D that lens is useless to me. Ive deiced that the next camera will be a full frame and Im never going back to a cropped camera again. Ill keep the 20D and use it with my 50mm to give me a different focal length as a 2nd body. They could put all the bells and whistles on the 40D they could, Im not biting:) Ill see what the 6D will offer...maybe a live view option to shoot with the LCD? THAT would be a dream.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
TE Expert

Okay still I say you have TWO good reasons to hang on a bit longer until Canon announces the successor to the 5D - they will have to sell it at current 5D prices (or cheaper to compete with all that space-age hardware Nikon is unloading in November. I mean, you will get the following things for sure:
1. MUCH better AF (the 5D kinda stinks there - worse in my opinion than the 20D...
2. Self cleaning sensor - the current 5D is a dust magnet
3. Live View
4. In-Built lens calibration to correct front and backfocus
5. Maybe some weather sealing
You can't go wrong waiting until that annucement later this year.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:09 AM
TE Expert

Well Im gonna wait till Christmas for sure...not enough money put away for the camera yet:)