To Furachan: Busy

• check out the Photography forum:) Ive been rethinking my photography from the ground up.
  • Re: To Furachan: Busy
    I'll check it out, man, that's a promise.
    Me, all I want is a bloody Canon DSLR that can focus after that nightmare with entax!
    what happened with the Pentax? Me, Im 99% decided on my Christmas purchase: 5D and the 24mm f/1.4 :) I was thinking of a zoom but the 24-105 and 24-70 are just too big, they are just ridiculous.
    Yeah the 5D is simply great but consider a couple of things, okay?
    1. If you wait a bit, the 5D replacement will come along with MUCH better AF for one thing and you can either aim for that at same prices as the current 5D or splurge on a much reduced in price "older" 5D then
    or
    2. Take a long look at the new 40D which is a serius upgrade on your 20D I swear to yu - I've handled it 4 times so far chez Canon and it's a hell of a cam... Fas, precise AF and a super viewfinder, etc.
    I hate the crop factor. Pure and simple. For the 40D what can I get that will give me a wide angle and at a quality that I can get with the 5D? Im starting to shoot much more at night. I need a fast wide angle lens. Theres NOTHING that I can get for the 40D that will even approach what something like a 24mm f/1.4 gives me. On a 40D that lens is useless to me. Ive deiced that the next camera will be a full frame and Im never going back to a cropped camera again. Ill keep the 20D and use it with my 50mm to give me a different focal length as a 2nd body. They could put all the bells and whistles on the 40D they could, Im not biting:) Ill see what the 6D will offer...maybe a live view option to shoot with the LCD? THAT would be a dream.
    Okay still I say you have TWO good reasons to hang on a bit longer until Canon announces the successor to the 5D - they will have to sell it at current 5D prices (or cheaper to compete with all that space-age hardware Nikon is unloading in November. I mean, you will get the following things for sure:
    1. MUCH better AF (the 5D kinda stinks there - worse in my opinion than the 20D...
    2. Self cleaning sensor - the current 5D is a dust magnet
    3. Live View
    4. In-Built lens calibration to correct front and backfocus
    5. Maybe some weather sealing
    You can't go wrong waiting until that annucement later this year.
    Well Im gonna wait till Christmas for sure...not enough money put away for the camera yet:)