World Cup 2006? - Page 2 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-09-2006, 01:35 AM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: World Cup 2006?

Heja Sverige friskt humφr, de' e' de' som susen gφr - Sverige, Sverige, Sverige!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
TE Junior Member

I've been really busy the last few days, but tonight I've had a chance to search around for some World Cup pics... It's great to see them, but I wish there were more! Thanks for those who have posted!

I wish I was there..
before the match
at the penalty spot

That's about all I could find so far. If you know of any more, please point me to them!!

Cheers,

Jas
Old 06-11-2006, 10:27 PM
TE Expert

hello everyone

Thanks for the links Jas.
About the world cup, I think they should call it a Brazil cup.
But anyways it will be still interesting to see which team loses from Brazil in the finals ... lols

Yeah yeah ... pls excuse my arrogance ... the best thing about the football is that the outcomes are never so predictable ... who would have thought that T&T were going to hold the Sweden for a draw ....
but guys you all will have to agree that there is practically no match for Ronaldinho ... he should have a league of his own.
neways ... this will be my rant for this forum today
chau ... Sarju
Old 06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
TE Junior Member

Sarju - you never know what might happen my friend. Like you said - T&T and Sweden's match might just be a tiny taste of what's to come.. Again today, Angola vs Portugal was a beauty of a match (not because it was so incredible) but because Angola, a Portuguese colony for over 700 years, only let Portugal score one goal on them. People were saying Portugal would clean them out 5-0, but Angola put up a good fight and had several good opportunities to score. Portugal had loads of chances, but couldn't do it. This coming from a team that won the Euro Cup in 2004.

So who knows, maybe T&T will take the Cup, instead of Brazil :P LOL. But back to the main point - it's not about the soccer, it's about all of the world's countries coming together and playing one game. For this one month, people from all around the world are in Germany, watching the beautiful game, enjoying one another's company, all in good fun (well maybe not everybody :P). The best thing for me is seeing things like Angolan and Portuguese players exchanging jerseys after a match where both sides know the other played a strong game. That respect and that level playing field leaves something to be said about the world outside of soccer. Maybe I'm being a bit overdramatic about the World Cup, lol, but you've gotta admit, it does bring a lot of people together for good clean fun.

And anyways, like you Sarju, that'll be my rant for this forum.. LOL. Gotta get to bed - waking up early to watch some soccer! (Comes on at 6am, 9am and 12 pm here!)

Cheers!!
Old 06-13-2006, 03:39 AM
TE Junior Member

Actually, Portugal lost in the finals of Euro 2004 to Greece. But just because of the way they played, I think they should be scratched off any list of favorites. It was a poor effort from a once great team (FIFA U-20 World Cup champs in 1989, with a lot of same players as today). At times in the match, they could not come up with any decent action at all.
But what about Ghana, except for that error by Sammy Kuffour, they played a nice match. They would have given Portugal quite a challenge. Mexico looks good to take the group now. But Italy and the Netherlands looked good too, if the Oranje can use someone other than Robben to attack and make their attack less unidimensional...
But the action in general is looking good since the start. Look out for Brazil tomorrow and Spain Wednesday. If Shevchenko is fit, Spain vs. Ukraine could be a fine match.

Enjoy the games!

Louis
Old 06-13-2006, 08:14 AM
TE Newbie

!!! VIVA MΙXICO !!!!

really nice comments I have been reading...
mundial cup is an excellent oportunity to take a break , and see how the people from a lot countries get close...
Imagine all the people... uff.. J. Lennon was right.

Saludos, Hello every body!! and Viva Mιxico! ..!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:20 AM
TE Junior Member

LOL, sorry, my bad, that's what I meant (finalists in Euro 2004)! They definitely didn't play well at all.

I can't wait to watch Brazil play. Cheers Louis!

Jas
Old 06-13-2006, 09:07 AM
TE Expert

OTHER CANADIANS
Is'nt it great to be in Canada during the world cup, I mean there is always a party in downtowns of all the big cities after the matches, only three of them though (TO, MTL, VAN). It is just that people who party change depending on the country that won the match.
This is something I really like about Canada ... the diversity and all these communities

LOUIS
Well, I know Portugal lost to Greece in the Euro cup but I would say that Potugal did not play that bad in that match. .. it is just that they never got any result (goal) from their efforts. For that I would commend and weep over the Greek defenses rather condemning the Portuguese ... remember they did make it to the finals after defeating the english
This is the best thing about football ... this is the game that has very unpredictable results ... this is the reason why it is so very popular.

JAS
eventhough I am in Canada but I am still refusing to call this game soccer ... I always call it football. you can call me stubborn but I don't think we should call american football as football ... i mean why do the cal it football and than use hands to play ... lols ... just my POV mate ... don't take it to you heart ;)
cheers everyone
Sarju
Old 06-13-2006, 09:13 AM
TE Expert

Default Brazil Vs Croatia

lets see how our guesses work for this game.
I think Brazil will win this game 4-0.
Can't wait to see Ronaldinho in action ... I hav'nt seen any of his match after that final of Barcelona Vs Real Madrid
Cheers .... Sarju
Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Brazil Vs Croatia

Sarju, you're probably right. My guess is 3-0.. So far it seems that teams are playing well defensively and not letting too many goals in.. I thought the US would score at least one!

Croatia might get one by Brazil's defense though, you never know..

Enjoy the games,

Jas