Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2018-10-28 2:53

Hello Jorge,

I see that you took this photograph a year ago so that was before Mr Skripal and his daughter were poisoned in this city and also before an attempt was made to steal or destroy the copy of the Magna Carta in this very cathedral.

This is a beautiful cathedral and you have captured it very well in beautiful soft light. I see that others have commented that the car and the metal fence should have been removed from the photograph: I am not very good at removing things like that from images and my results are always poor - but you have managed to keep the car and fence in relative shade and I do not find that they distract from my enjoyment of the main subject. What I do like are the rows of colourfully dressed visitors walking up the paths to the cathedral, so drawing the eye into the picture.

Lovely soft light and colours, a fine composition and excellent details and sharpness.

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:57 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: salisbury

john

I visited the town few days before the problem with the poison, but I didn't know about someone try to destroy the magna carta. the letter was so impressive in terms of its meaning and at same time its beauty, loos like did in a machine, so perfect it is.

take care

jorge
Old 10-28-2018, 12:35 PM
TE Expert

Default Magna Carta.....

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for your kind words - and thank you too for your kind critique of my other photo.

For your interest, a man did attempt to either steal or damage the Magna Carta in Salisbury Cathedral just yesterday - you can read about it in the news here.

Kind Regards,

John.