Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2012-10-09 4:14

Hello Les,

As others have said, this certainly has all the appearances of an Impressionist painting and is quite different to your usually "perfectly true to life" photographs, but I love it. The softness of the colours and the contrasts is delightful. The composition, exposure and details are, as always, excellent too.

I'm just wondering what sort of processing you did with this one as the program isn't mentioned in your exif data?

Lovely!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
TE Junior Member

Wink To tyro: Autumn Impressions at Cotehele

Hello John,
to be honest I`m not sure that I could repeat the processing that I did on this shot,it was done by dabbling in CS 5,I didn`t follow any set work flow pattern,which I`m told what I should be doing, anyway the end result pleased me,so I guess luck was on my side this time...
Best regards Les.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 PM
TE Expert

Default Processing styles............

Hi Les,

Thank you for your reply to my critique!

I can fully understand what you say as it sounds as though your processing techniques are very similar to mine - a sort of "suck it and see" approach - a bit of this, a bit of that, a quick tweak of something else and, if it looks all right, it'll be fine. A bit like cooking, I guess. And, quite honestly, I don't really see anything wrong in that.

The only downside is that I'm so utterly disorganised that if someone were to look at one of my pictures and say that they wanted a print of it, I'd have to go right back to the original image and try to come up with something similar again but with a higher pixel count and so on. I just wish I were better organised. Do you have any clever way of organising your pictures or are you about as dismal as I am?

Perhaps the ideal thing would be to do all your editing (apart from resizing) then save the image as a TIFF file somewhere for later use if need be. Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Talking

Hello John, I always save two copies, one at the original resolution,sometimes as a TIFF and the other at 72 DPI to use TE.
I keep them in two different folders to avoid confusion,I know that it probably takes up more space than it should on the computer but at least I can go back and find an image pretty easily should I need to.
It works for me most of the time.
Kind regards Les.

Tags
autumn, cotehele, impressions