Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2012-02-25 16:01

Hello John,

I've been following the travels of my friend Malgo (emka) who has recently visited Myanmar and has some wonderful photographs from there. Are these things actually temples or are they what she sometimes calls "stupas"?

Whatever they are, this picture certainly deserves more acclaim than it has so far received. The composition is excellent, the two near spires dominating the composition and being echoed by further similar diminutive forms in the distant mist. The lighting is superb and, as well as capturing the mist and the distant mountains perfectly, you have managed to retain lots of detail in the nearest forms which might easily have been totally underexposed. Lovely soft colours, perfect exposure and exquisite sharpness and detail.

The balloon, of course, is an added bonus!

Beautiful!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. On this occasion, I agree with you - I would certainly have stayed on terra firma and tried to spend as much time as possible drinking in the culture of the local people.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:49 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: Hey John...

Sorry for the delay in response!!!

There are basically a combination of stupas and temples ...some a foot high, some probably 50 to 60 feet high that would have room in them for say ...500 people maybe. It's a sight (and site to see). Thousands of em spread out. This shot was actually taken at about 40 to 50 feet up, just to give a sense of size.

Thanks for the comments!!!
John