Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great happypoppeye 2012-02-24 21:04

OK ...I really wanted to critique this photo:
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Cambodia/West/Siem_Reab//photo1262532.htm

...but since I already did a few years back and TE won't let me critique again and I have no idea how to edit the critique...

Deja Vu ...could it be? ...nah, probably not:
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Cambodia/West/Siem_Reab//photo619959.htm

The photos alright, nothing great, not too sharp, the lady isn't smiling and honestly, nothing really to great about it (remember, I'm not talking about this photo, but the other photo) ...but it does have great color and is pretty sharp for the situation ...but, for the memories, and the recognition ...and how I remembered I have a shot of a girl in a boat, in Chong Kneas, from April of 2007 in my portfolio I have no idea ...this one is worth four points.

PS: I'm on a tear tonight.

The shot above, well, that sucks. No connection, woman isn't looking anywhere near the camera or the lens, or you, or your software, or your lens vignetted the top right, not much in her boat, just, well, not interesting ...Ohhhh

OK ...thats what I first thought so thats what I wrote ...I'm only writing it because I know your a good photographer and you shouldn't really care what I think. Keep takin' em' ...keep posting em' ...and feel free to kill any of photos you like because I know I have much worse than this.

John
Two points ...if people don't like ...too bad. They're my points to give.

PS: ...and I learned how to edit (that other comment is too old to edit) ...this place, TE, needs some life anyway ...my god, there are like 20 or 30 photos a day posted - it used to be hundreds.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:28 AM
TE Expert

Default To happypoppeye: Back at You

Hi John - I'm actually pleased that you looked at this shot. It gave me the chance to revisit an old shot and to re-evaluate it. I agree with much of what you said in your honest critique.... which just goes to show that through being here and interacting with other photographers, having them give honest opinions and looking at other work has had the desired effect. I have improved! And for the record .... you are one of the hundreds who used to be a regular poster and no longer are
Old 02-25-2012, 03:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Thankd Rosemary

Glad you didn't take that too harshly as it wasn;t mean't to be (or the forum post). I'm one to write first thoughts and not hold back so just saying what I'm thinking. I also know that it is ALL opinion and that I have much much worse shots in my postings but a lot are based on my personal memroies which give a photo a totally different outlook than it would a viewer. So keep posting em' and feel free to beat any of my shots to death if you like

I've been in and out of TE the past few years, but I really do think it is still such a great site for learning about the world and there are still some great photographers and photos here. I am still amazed at some of the photos I see. I think my main reason for dissappearing was that I had so many shots I wanted to post that one a day just wasn't cutting it, then I came back to find a lot of the older guys and gals leaving and fighting ...but hopefully I'll get into the swing of things and start posting/commenting regularly!!!

Cheers
John
Old 02-25-2012, 04:12 PM
TE Expert

I don't have the energy to beat shots to death.... I just avoid them, unless that is, I think I can add something that may assist the poster.