Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: TrekEarth has a New Owner

je vais mettre un peu de gaulois dans ce thread...
ce qui devait arriver, arriva....
plus de 570000 images postιes!!! je ne sais trop combien de membres....
quel succθs! et donc, des convoitises ont dϋ se crιer, je n'en connais ni les tenants ni les aboutissants, ni mκme ceux qui ont repris le site, mais bon, le gourou a fait du bon boulot...

cela dit, je ne le remercierai jamais assez d'avoir developpι ce site..
apres, wait and see....
soyons attentifs...mais je ne 'en fait pas, tant qu'il y aura nos "chiens de garde" (aucun sens perjoratif, merci) tels didi ou jmdaoudal..

ciao a tous
Old 06-29-2007, 06:37 PM
TE Junior Member

En fait cela devient une banque d'images !!! il faut rester vigilant !!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 PM
TE Expert

En fait cela devient une banque d'images !!! il faut rester vigilant !!!!
------------------------------------

and a money-making proposition, run as such, though I doubt it makes a difference for most of the membership. It would be nice to hear what may change, if any, but at the same time, it may be that it is none of our business.

Frankly, said with no irony, TE has been going remarkably well with a philosophy that the words "don't worry, be happy!" suit quite well.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 PM
TE Newbie

Dear Adam,

What a surprise and incredible change! I had no idea this was coming...

I am so glad you are still running the site, as with you as "the ultimate moderator" and the wonderful members that have joined and share so much, the tone and interaction here as been phenomenal. So much different than so many other photo websites. I hope this was a lucrative sale for you, and can't wait to see the new features etc. that you mention.

Thanks so much.

Yours as always, Catherine Todd
Old 06-29-2007, 08:29 PM
TE Expert

Congratulations for this new project, that's great.
I have just one question.
There is a relation between Wiki Travel and Wikipedia ?
Bests regards.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
TE Newbie

Thanks to Brigitte for her excellent suggestions. I would like to add only one more: Please add much more detailed "Help Files" to the site. As a newcomer, I was very confused at a number of points, and Brigitte (among many other kind souls) offered detailed instructions to accomplish what I was trying to do. The "search" field also needs work, as it is difficult if not impossible to find a particular person in that field. I couldn't find Adam himself there!

A newcomer to the site is the best example for what help instructions are required, and a number of people (myself included) have posted questions in the forums already. I am more than happy to help with whatever experience I have.

I can't tell you enough how much I have enjoyed this wonderful website, and all the members and photographs here. It has truly "opened my eyes" to a whole wonderful world out there, just waiting to be explored.

In faith and happiness, Yours, Catherine Todd
Old 06-29-2007, 08:35 PM
TE Newbie

Eric said: "I do hope also that you will allow some great photographers to come back like Claude renault and Simon flydragon."

Appreciated your post and am wondering why did these two photographers quit, and why would they need to be "allowed" to come back?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:49 PM
TE Expert

Hello Adam,

After a period of high participation i find myself struggling to keep up with Trek.
Manly my fault i admit ... too busy to give trek the attencion it deserves ... but honestly i do think that Trek is stoped in time ... slowly cruising in still waters like a big heavy steam boat while others developed more modern cruises with lots of attracions onboard.

Honestly i've missed you and your capability to resolve problems at a certain time; and i do miss ALOT some fellow Te'rs (and you know whom i'm talking about)... we don't need the Adam just to lock threads and moove them for other foruns where they fit best ... we need Adam to fullfill other needs and to manage the diferent cultures/personalities inside the community.

I'm not saying that you weren't doing so... what i'm saying is that that was not visible for the community and so its legitime to say that i doubt that you were doing so.

Don't get me wrong and i will be totally honest with you and the new owners: IMHO trek was a far better place when i've join in... after two years it's thru that most of the members still here and great newbies are comming... but it's missing something... and i believe that "THE SOMETHING" is you.

Sorry if this message sound like an harsh critique ... it's not supposed to be ... just an honest message from a passionate member that learned almost everything about photography here ... and still does.

Mαrio
Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 PM
TE Newbie

Dear John:

You should begin by changing Mr. Adam Silverman from that position because he's making business and agreements with others posters (like VIZION) to promote their works, I know that it happens in almost all forums but you should be careful with this kind of behaviors not so ethical,

All the best.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:28 AM
TE Newbie

Alvin,
You have a very good point. See this discussion on <a href="http://www.treknature.com/read.php?f=1&t=79736&m=101716
">TN HERE</a> and if the link don't work... I'll be back ;)