Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 12-31-2006, 01:07 PM
TE Newbie

Default Image resizing...again!

Before everyone says this has been asked a thousand times and to look at past links I am at my wits end.

I am new to this and seem unable to post my pictures as I want because the file size is too large. On reading other comments people seem to have Photoshop 7 which enables you to amend the file size. I do not have this I have PS 3 starter edition and this does not allow you to alter the file size as far as I can see. (only the basics like cropping) I have tried to find other programmes on line but without success.

All my images are stored simply under my photos on the computer and I am just looking for someone to tell me step by step how I can amend the image so it can be posted at its best.

Do I need to invest in PS 7 or another such program, or is there another way you can advise a total novice.

I am really sorry to bore everyone with this again, but I am so frustrated that I have photos I want to post but am unable to do so. Even if i reduce the photo to the minimum length allowed, some are still too large to upload.

Many thanks for your help and patience.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:23 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: Image resizing...again!

When you bought your Camera I think you should had a software joined in the package.
Photoshop 7 it's quite expensive and not very simple to use.
You can buy Adobe Photo Element more simple to use and cheaper.
I give you a link to a freeware : Photofiltre
http://www.photofiltre.com/
Good luck
Old 12-31-2006, 05:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Try Irfanview, which is free and should be easy to use.

With irfanview:
1. Open the jpg file;
2. From menu choose Image->resize/resample. Select "Set new size" and check both "Preserve aspect ratio" and "Apply sharpen after Resample". For horizontal images enter 800 in "Width" entry field, for vertical enter 800 in "Height" entry field.
3. After resizing chose from menu File-> Save As and select jpg format. Irfanview doesn't display predicted file size, so you may need to guess JPG quality to have it under 200 KB. Try save it with "Save quality" set to 80, if the result file is too big for TE, do it again but set lower qulity (for example, 65 or 70). You may have to try different jpg quality levels several times before you get it right.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:03 PM
TE Senior Member

This is a fundamental ability of any photo editing program. Take a look at this page. It says this resizing tip includes Photoshop 3.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Banned

try picassa from google its one of te best programms i used not jsut to resize to also use quick editing. its very quick and clean.
picasa.google.com/
Old 01-01-2007, 01:13 AM
TE Junior Member

If you use Microsoft Office 2003, you should be able to use its Microsoft Picture Editor to resize the photos. On your picture, just right click and then open with Microsoft Picture Editor. Then click on edite, then resize. I hope it is useful. Sothy