Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Great tyro 2019-02-11 1:00

Hi Mariusz,

By Jove, you have written a fabulously detailed and informative and comprehensive note, not just for Craig but also for anyone else contemplating a visit to these parts of Egypt. And I think your advice for would-be travellers should certainly be taken on board by anyone considering a holiday here - a holiday which could not only be relaxing and enjoyable but also very educational too.

But, I'm wondering, you were here twelve years ago in 2007 - do you think it would still be safe to travel these parts today? And would you take a young family these days?

Your photograph is of amazing quality and even more impressively so considering that it was taken with a considerably more basic camera than the one you now use. The light, contrasts and details here are superb.

A perfect presentation for TE!

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:30 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: safety

Hi John,
you are right: I discourage anyone from travelling to Middle East nowadays, in particular having an attractive female companion or with a family
I think a lot has changed.
I have done some extra trips in Egypt with my wife independently. For example rented a carriage in Luxor at night and went to some extra places or rented a boat or taxi in Luxor. People were staring at us then as being only tourists in some spots but I think they were kind and open.
Today I would not go there at all.
In fact I erased Middle East for an unforeseeable future from my list of places to go.
I didn't mention it in the first place because some people are laughing at me on TE saying that I am too careful.
Kind regards,
Mariusz