To holmertz: Aliyev Center - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-06-01 1:40

Hello Malgo,
Tonight two other English clubs play the Champions League final in - Madrid. It may seem just as stupid and a waste of CO2 as flying thousands of fans to Baku, but the venue was decided long ago, before they knew who would take part.
As for this photo you used the large cup well to create something interesting for the foreground. I saw this building from the taxi to the airport, but I didn't realize there was such a large green area surrounding it. It looks quite beautiful, but I wonder if they have managed to fill it with anything equally interesting. Or is it mainly an empty monument to a dictator?
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 06-01-2019, 10:56 AM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Aliyev Center

Hello Gert,

Thank you for the critique. Of course, I guessed the reason but still I found it funny. When I left on Monday evening, I didn't see many fans. Probably they came later.
I think you do not like the name, but this center is the most unique and beautiful modern building I have seen, both outside and inside (unlike for instance Guggenheim in Bilbao). It is for me more interesting that the Flame Towers. I haven't seen Oculus in NYC, but from the pictures I think I prefer this Zaha Hadid masterpiece.
Have a great day

Malgo