Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Manamo 2010-05-12 21:32

Hello Wanda,

I just came back from British columbia and Alberta. Before I left, Andrι briefed me by writing me a long e-mail telling me tons of advice! It was so generous of him. However, when I went, everything was still frozen. Everything was still under the snow. I found it hard to take respectable frames there. I found it hard to take decent shots.I'm a bit deceived to be honest.

I like the simplicity of this one. The b/w removes the amazing blue/green color someone would expect from a shot of this lake. However, you manage to get our attention with a flawless compo and amazing tones. No need for spectacular colors when you are that good!

The 50mm lenses instead of a wide angle one for a landscape make it more static. However, it makes it more classic and so it's more likely to pass the test of time, if that makes sense.

Hope to see you soon again in Canada??see you,

Marc

Old 05-18-2010, 06:51 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Manamo: BC

Bonjour Marc,
What a pity that everything was still frozen and the weather was not on your side. I am sure that there were still some aspects that you must have enjoyed though. Even when we were there some of the lakes were frozen over with ice, and there was snow and cold temperatures in May/June, but it sounds like you had a lot more.
Not sure when I will be coming to Canada, there are still some things that I have to sort out here in SA.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Tks for your comments.
All the best
Wanda
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM
TE Expert

Wanda,
of course I enjoyed it! It was the first time that my girlfriend and me were alone together since the birth of Zoé. It was fun to go on a trip just us two. The road trip was incredible!! In some regions, we had to stop every 5km to see the breathtaking view.The frozen lake was just a mall deception for me as it was a child's dream to see Lake Louise and Moraine Lake and their blue shades. I think we had a photo book at home of the Rockies and I was young. That's probably why It was fun to be so close to nature too. All the animals we met on our way, it's unbelievable!!

About the critique you posted on my photo, you are right. Actually, when I was there, I thought this right hand side was useless and boring. And even when I prepped the picture when I came back, I thought it was ok as it is. But after reading your critique, I think you are right and now I'm deceived :P your fault! I'm kidding.

Have a good day!

Marc
Old 05-18-2010, 02:47 PM
TE Junior Member

Default BC

Well I am so glad to hear that you had fun on your road trip I know what you mean about the road trip being amazing and fun and about having to stop every five minutes to have a look at something, I felt the same way on the road trip with Andrι. Also with the animals, I really wanted to see a bear, but we only managed to glimpse one very quickly. But there were a lot of other cool animals to see, so different from the ones I am used to seeing here in Africa
Take Care
Wanda