Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 11:16 AM
TE Senior Member

Default thank you and goodbey!

I have been a member since 2004, and today the time has come to say goodbey.
I have not been active for almost a year, and the photos attracted very little attention last year so I deleted most of them.

Thank you Adam, for creating and maintaining TE.
Thanks to the friends I have known in the last 6 years, and to the help they have offered me.

Good luck to you all!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:05 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: thank you and goodbey!

I'm sorry that you have left TE David, even if I didn't know you as a TE member. I have looked at the four photos you have left behind and read the notes, some explaining why you have kept them here. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and for me that is a good thing. But don't let your heart rule your head so much, keep posting and someone, somewhere will be interested in seeing your world and share your way of seeing.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:06 PM
TE Expert

"TE is a perfect waste of time,
with moments of happiness
when I learned something,
about photography or the world."

Happy trails, David. I remember these words from your intro, probably from some time when I joined. They are still so true, but I understand your mixed emotions about the site too. Anyway, I wish you all the best.

Benny
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
TE Junior Member

Sorry you have gone feeling so sad.I agree about the points system, it does little to make better photographers. Poor pictures of a couple of seagulls in a blank sky some times pick up more points that a beautiful picture like this all because the photographer is a high points scorer and has lots of fans gained by doing lots of mindless critiques.
I agree about the notes being ignored.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:13 PM

We definitely need to get back to the original ethos of the site - fewer images posted and thought given to both the image and the accompanying notes. Far too many images with no thought given to either aspect at present. Many members seem to think the site is a dumping ground for any old rubbish. I agree that the points system has been counterproductive for a long time now and maybe it should be abandoned completely. In the past I have used an increase in total points as an indicator that I have received a new critique, lazy I know, but it was effective. The problem now is members deleting images and critiques with the associated points reduction. I don't care about the points reduction per se, but it does make the points system useless for the purpose to which I put it. :-(