To photoray: Travelling Through Oregon - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great photoray 2012-08-26 17:47

Howdy Steve,

Another fine art/photo of the magical John Day Painted Hills. Your earlier photos inspired me to visit over a year ago and I was surprised by the uniqueness of the place.
And your view is dramatic, colorful and fine contrast.

Well done,
congratulations,

Ray

PS: I belonged to the Tradewinds sailing club for a brief time, out of Point Richmond. It was just to far to drive from the foothills. Though I was permitted to sleep on anchored boats whenever.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To photoray: Travelling Through Oregon

Ray, you should have, could have called me or wrote to my Email and we possibly could have met there on enroute anyway. As long as we have seen one another's work it would be nice to meet one another one day by chance. I have met many people through the variety of sites I have been and are on, and during each of those visits there has been a moment caught on film or Digital, that could never be replaced, such as the Antelope standing in front of the main hills at the Painted Hills once you enter the Unit.
There is so much more in the the area of the Fossil Beds to see, if you happen to land in the area again let me know and I will offer you any advice you may need to further your exploration of the area.
warnstaff.photography@gmail.com
I only had to travel from Fairfield to Sausolito to where the 37' Sloop, Debinda II was docked. Bob Schaefer was the owner and I played football with his 2 sons during school, as well as lived with them during a trying time with my step dad of my senior year in high school.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:52 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Painted Hills, etc.

Hi again Steve,

I was with a female companion when we did morning photography at the main Painted Hills section. We were on a whirlwind tour that started in Idaho and only briefly in Oregon on the way back to Cameron Park.

Perhaps timing will be better next time?

Hope you are enjoying the end of summer and ready for many autumn adventures?
Sincerely,
Ray