Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: © in our pictures...

I use a compromise approach; I put the copyright info in the frame around my images.

That way there's no way anyone who removes it can be in any doubt that what they're doing is wrong; but it (hopefully) doesn't spoil the images for anyone else.

As Kevin points out though, pretty much no matter where you put your copyright info within an image, someone can clone it out fairly quickly.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:46 PM
TE Expert

but I already sold some pictures to friends and also people that I don't know
-----------------------------------------

That in itself will not be affected by the thievery you talk about. I am sure when you sell your pix, it is not as small as on TE.

Speaking of copyrights, and crying wolf I wonder how many on this site use a validly bought version of photoshop, and how many a copied bought for peanuts, or even free, if a friend lets you have his. Just a thought... ;-)
Old 10-03-2007, 03:59 PM
TE Senior Member

I don't use photoshop in my shots. Most of the time the posted (and sold ones, of course not as small as on TE, that's obvious) pictures are completely natural. Maybe 5 % of the shots I worked (a little) on it with free software (or freeware that was included in the price of my laptop). Sometimes people do use to much PP and loose the originality of a scenery...
Old 10-04-2007, 12:20 PM
TE Junior Member

Luc,
you have no chance with copyrights on images to save your images. As you could exchange every bit on an images you could manipulate the picture as you want.

Also other techniques don't help because everybody could take a hardcopy of the screen and copy it from the dashboard to a photo tool.

The only technique for identifiying your picture as your own is the water sign, but the problem is ... you don't see it.

Best wishes,
Achim
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
TE Senior Member

Achim,

how can we make a watersign on a picture ? And if we don't see it, how can we prove it's a picture of us ?

regards,

Luc.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
TE Expert

I think Achim means "watermark". You can have both visible or invisible watermarks. For more information, you can have a look here.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
TE Junior Member

Thanks Brigitte