Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 09-21-2007, 05:20 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Re: Stolen pictures !

I found 1 Josι Elias among the membres : membre since 02.02.2007, no pictures... ???
Old 09-21-2007, 05:37 PM
TE Senior Member

By the way : aren't we a little deviating from the subject ? The question was : "maybe one of you could recognize them ?" (on the site http://www.oliviermessiaen.org/messiaengall.htm...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:16 PM
TE Senior Member

jose elias is one of the earliest members of TE (nr. 117 to be precise, not counting Adam).
As far as I remember he was one of the first to realy raise the issue of stolen photo's, and as a consequence he deleted all his photo's.
Luckely, he returned, but he now only posts with a maximum of 500px.
Since he joined TE, he went more commercial with his photo's. You should read his intro and or visit his homepage;
www.fotoelias.com
Old 09-21-2007, 07:31 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Greg Michael

For your information Greg,

I did receive the payment about two weeks after I confronted the thief. If you would have read to the end of my intro page, you would have saw that I did receive payment.

You are right about ONE thing though, I did enjoy posting photographs on this site at one time.

As you have pointed out Greg about finding my complaint about this theft all over on the internet, I am glad there are numerous hits about this theft complaint around the internet. If someone commits the offense of Theft, they should be exposed, if only to prevent this one person from committing the same offense again. Is there a problem exposing this person and company for all to see? This person has freely admitted to me on the phone and in e-mails that she did knowingly use my photographs, without my permission, on the cover of music cds. When she was confronted with the legalities of what she had done and the possible legal consequences, she agreed to settle and pay for the photos that she had stolen.

All I want to accomplish with the posting of my complaint on the internet is for photographers to become more aware of the possibility of their photos being stolen. Take safeguards and don’t post your best photos.

Where did you get the information that I am copying Jose Elias's technique? I was processing my photos the same way for the past six plus years and was probably one of the first to post them on this site and Treklens. Before you make any other allegations and accuse me of "Stealing" - make sure that you are correct before you post them as facts on an open public forum. Jose is a great photographer, which I have the utmost respect for and for you to bring this allegation against me, shows what type of person you really are.

Regards,
David....
Old 09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi David,

Jose produced a vast number of images of Portugal with a distinctive and very similar processing and published instructions for it on this site. Since you came to the technique independently, I apologise for my remark.

I hadn't noticed your additional intro line that says you have now received your payment. I congratulate you - $2000 is a substantial sale. Still, I remain incredulous of the motivation of this type of thread. So you've now made a good sale through the theft of your photographs from TE. Why then would you wish no longer to show your pictures here? It seems to me that many might be happy to have their photos stolen at that kind of price?

regards,
Greg
Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
TE Senior Member

I hope you're making a joke here.
We lost several good members on TE because of theft.
There is nothing funny about that.
One got his money, so what?
Should we kick him because he got something out of this?
Steal steal steal.
Everything is fine until the day we get ripped out of our digital dream and end up on the other site of the table.
just do it.
whatever.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
TE Senior Member

nothing personal that is.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:47 AM
TE Newbie

omg.. that's why i put watermarks on my work.. well not that i am assuming someone's gonna steal my pics, just for copyright purposes.. :(
Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 PM
TE Junior Member

As to the initial query, the folks in question may have consulted their lawyers, but if that's the case, they lawyers are ill qualified. Any use of anyone creative work without permission is illegal according to international law. It does not matter if they are a non-profit organization or whether nor not they get financial gain with the photo.

On a different website in which I participate, the website's coding automatically adds additional words to the image's title indicating copyright. So the simple act of downloading it includes a message that the image can be used by permission only. We might consider doing that here on TE.