To kevinos: Thank you - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great kevinos 2006-07-11 13:40

This is a pleasing picture of these two images. Many temple had (and have) more than one image in different 'mudera' or positions. The front one is the mudera of enlightenment, when the Buddha touched the ground, and called the earth to witness that he renounced his own existence. The two images are arranged in a nice way in the frame. I like the offerings of water and flowers at the base that shows people still come here to reverence the image. Not so many people visit Sri Satchanalai it's slightly harder to get to, but clearly worth the effort. I have not been for a while; your picture has inspired me to take the bus there, maybe tomorrow. Your note is very informative, but just a little guidebook-like, nothing personal, about your own voyage and feeling etc. You seem to have had a dark day, (it’s the monsoon and the weather is just like that now). I might have been tempted to increase the lightness and contrast, just a little, but it’s a matter of taste. A very nice picture, anyway! Regards Kevin

Old 07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To kevinos: Thank you

Thanks a lot for your comment and your critique and specially for the information regarding the buddha. I don't recall having heard that from my guide. As a matter of fat, I first thought I had taken this picture in Sukhothai. That's the reason for my "mechanic" comment. I looked it up in the internet ;-). I'm glad I inspired you to go there. I hope you share your pictures with us. Regards, Yvonne
Old 08-27-2014, 04:53 AM
TE Newbie

I am totally agree with your post and found it really nice. I hope that you will continue to post here and also waiting for your pics as you said in your post.

Last edited by Cammarano; 08-29-2014 at 06:42 AM.