Format de photo - Phote size - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 11-22-2014, 08:30 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Format de photo - Phote size

Say I have a picture which makes 3000 KB and I want to reduce it to + or - 1500 KB without reducing it's dimensions. Is there a free program that I can download to do that ? I know Photoshop Elements does it but at 119 $ ...

Disons que j'ai une photo qui fait 3000 KO et je veux la rιduire disons + ou -= 1500 KO sans en affecter la dimension. Y-a-t-il un programme gratuit que l'on peut tιlιcharger ΰ cette fin ? Photoshop Elements le fait mais ΰ 119 $ ...

Merci - Thank you

Jacques
Old 11-23-2014, 09:48 AM
TE Newbie

Default Format de photo - Phote size

Hi Jacques,

You can resize photos without issues in programs such as Paint.NET or Picasa. They are free and can be downloaded from internet. These are very simple to use. Paint.NET is similar to Adobe Photoshop, whereas in Picasa you can easily apply filters and get different look and style for your photos. There are many other free programs as well.

In Photo.NET you go to image & resize. In Picasa, resizing a photo works through exporting it and then you're offered option to select size of the longer edge of the photo.

Regards,
Petar
Old 11-23-2014, 12:30 PM
TE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petarl View Post
Hi Jacques,

You can resize photos without issues in programs such as Paint.NET or Picasa. They are free and can be downloaded from internet. These are very simple to use. Paint.NET is similar to Adobe Photoshop, whereas in Picasa you can easily apply filters and get different look and style for your photos. There are many other free programs as well.

In Photo.NET you go to image & resize. In Picasa, resizing a photo works through exporting it and then you're offered option to select size of the longer edge of the photo.

Regards,
Petar
Thank you, I will try those today and see what they are doping.

Regards

Jacques
Old 11-23-2014, 01:17 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Paint.net

Yes, after a try, paint.net is great for what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Jacques