The Pilippines - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-23-2004, 09:03 AM
TE Newbie

Default The Pilippines

I'm off to teh Philippines in the morning and wondered if anyone had any tips as to great places to photograph. I do already have a few ideas and places written down, just thought I could ask here as well.

Thanks!
Nick
Old 07-07-2004, 03:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: The Pilippines

Chocolate Hills are pretty photogenic, depending on time of day. check the link below for some i took at sunrise

markets are always good whichever country you are in. but the people in the ones on puerto princessa on palawan seemed very keen i take their picture

http://siamesedreams.sk-audio.org
Old 07-18-2004, 11:24 AM
TE Newbie

Cheers.

You were right about the market in P Princesa, but there was no opportunity to get any pics as it was pouring. We were stuck there for a few days in the end.
Chocolate hills could have been good, but the weather didn't hold out. I did manage to get some great shots on the way there though!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:58 PM
TE Newbie

can we see the pictures anywhere?
Old 07-18-2004, 05:40 PM
TE Newbie

Well there is on one my photo section from Sabang on Palawan but seeing as it was lashing it down with rain, it's not the best I've ever taken. There are a few from the Chocolate on digital with me here, but the majority are on film and won't be on here ofr a few months yet. I'll try and get a chocolate hills one up soon.

Cheers!
Nick
Old 09-04-2004, 04:22 PM
TE Newbie

Hello Nick and Caroline here's a message from Michiel "the Dutchman". As a reminder: sabang, cebu, panglao and back to cebu. We saw eachother for the last time as we were on the bus towards Bantayan and you were on your way to malapasqua(?)...
Anyway we had a crazy busdriver and were forced to get off the bus in Sogod! After stepping out we arranged transport with help from the mayor and the local ambulance. After Bantayan (BEAUTIFUL BUT VERY VERY QUIET) we flew from Cebu to Boracay and ther e I proposed to Elly!!!! Guess what these temperatures do to your brain ? After a long week on the beach we had to fly back to Manilla from Panay due to an emergency call from our pregnant friend in Manilla....They were heading back to Holland even before we had to go!!! Right now we're back in Holland and can only daydream about the Philippenes...I think that right now you're somewhere near the Perhentians and i'm very VERY jealous!
Don't forget that if you're ever in Holland let us know if you need a place to bunk!!
Greetings Michiel miepel@xs4all.nl