Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 PM
TE Newbie

Default Ontario and Quebec

Hi there!
I am planning a trip to Ontario and Quebec for the next year. I would like to receive some tips: where should I go, what should I absolutely not miss. I am particulary attracted by nature.. therefore I would like to see some of the most interesting natural park of the area.
Could anyone help me?

Many thanks
Sam
Old 06-19-2006, 05:16 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Ontario and Quebec

Algonquin Park in Ontario is not to be missed, if you are prepared to camp. In Quebec, there is much to be seen north of Montreal, with potential for lots of day trips from a single central location you can chose (perhaps a hotel outside the city?) I lived in Quebec for five years and am back in my home province of Ontario, currently making lots of day trips to photograph waterfalls along the Niagara Escarpment, a task that will likely take a year of weekend and day trips. What time of year are you planning to visit?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
TE Expert

Sam,
I guess I'm very late...If not, let me know and I'll try yo help you!
Marc
Old 01-07-2007, 04:33 AM
TE Newbie

Sam,

If you like nature and wilderness, you may want to visit the Charlevoix area, on the north shore of the St-Lawrence River. The portion between Baie-Saint-Paul and Tadousac (Baie-Sainte-Catherine) is quite stunning. From Saint-Simon, you may take a ferry and cross to Rivire-du-Loup, on the south shore. It is a 2 hour crossing and depending on the season, you may be able to see some whales. From Rivire-du-Loup, eastward toward Gasp via Parc Florillon provides great view of the Saint-Lawrence river as it merges with the sea.

Denis C.
Toronto
Old 01-13-2007, 06:33 AM
TE Newbie

Having grown up in south western Ontario, I have found the Elora gorge to be a nice area to explore. Also the small towns of Elmira, St.Jacobs and others in that area are worth checking out. Enjoy your trip Sam.
Paul
Old 01-16-2007, 11:20 AM
TE Newbie

In Qubec, Gaspsie is not to be missed.

Gaspsie park: Mont Albert trail, mont Ernest-Laforce or Olivine at sunrise and Xalibu in the afternoon, Jacques-Cartier for cariboos. Forillon is superb, so is a trip to Bonaventure island near Perc.

Closer to the cities is Charlevoix. Parc des Hautes-Gorges and Grands-Jardins. A bit further, Saguenay park on highway 170.

There's quite a bit to see. How do you travel and how long do you have for Qubec?