Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-09-19 10:49

Hello Craig,
I have only been relatively briefly to Jaipur, but I didn't even know that the city wall stretched for so long so far outside the city. I am surprised that there hardly seems to be any photos like this elsewhere on this site. It's hard to believe that there could be a "first time" for anything from such a touristy city as Jaipur. This is not as impressive as the Chinese wall, but still quite amazing. How did you find out about it, and how did you get there? It doesn't look very walkable. Just the novelty of it makes this a very interesting photo.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 09-19-2019, 06:29 PM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: Not Jaipur

Hello Gert,
You can't remember it because it is not Jaipur. It is Kumbalgarh, 340 km from Jaipur. Maybe I will show some pictures from there? But I "am" now in Myanmar .

have a nice evening

MAlgo
Old 09-19-2019, 06:51 PM
TE Expert

So why does Craig label it as "Jaipur"? It made me feel ignorant when there was no need to.
Gert
Old 09-19-2019, 09:15 PM
TE Expert

Very very strange ...
Malgo writes that she's in Myanmar and she posts a smiley with a sad face ...
Old 09-19-2019, 10:37 PM
TE Expert

Smile

Hi all,

Hahaha, It is not a sad face, maybe I put it wrong. It is just embarras de richesse . After seeing Paul's photos from Kerala I rediscovered my photos from Mrauk U, but now I am inspired also by photos from Jaipur and also Kumbalgargh. And I still have quite many pictures from Sankt Petersburg that I would like to show. Hmmmm

Good night

MAlgo
Old 09-19-2019, 11:23 PM
TE Expert

All wrong. The Great Wall of India, 36 km long, is in Kumbalgargh, but it is not what is on the Craig photos. I tried to find out what the town could be and the big fort in it like in Workshop photo. And I think I found out. It is Fort Amber, near Jaipur (hahaha). See here: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-in...-43550709.html. And indeed, near Fort Amber there are walls , see the map.
https://www.google.pl/maps/place/Amb...5!4d75.8513454

Uff, I couldn't sleep till I solved this puzzle. 1.22 a.m. Good night.