Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-09-19 4:28

Hello Gyφrgy,
The WS photos are quite simple, like the kind I could have taken already as a teenager. But I could not have taken the main photo, not just because this view didn't exist in the 1960's but I would probably not have thought of this composition anyway. It is slightly absurd to see such a proof of the changes in London in recent decades. This area, or at least immediately east of the bridge, used to be rather slummy. Now that is all gone and converted to hi-tech land. But this is a fine view with wonderful B&W tones and enough people to satisfy me.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 09-19-2019, 01:08 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: re

Dear Gert,

Thank you for your nice words! By chance do you have any photos of this particular area from your two-weeks stay in London? It would be nice to compare.

Best Wishes
Gy
Old 09-19-2019, 02:31 PM
TE Expert

Hello Gyφrgy,
I have a photo of the bridge from 1964, but taken from a "safe" angle. I have a number of B&W photos from London in 1978, but from the negatives I can't see what they show. But that was probably the journey when I searched the East End for a famous pub from the times when Jack the Ripper was active in that area. I never found it, and I remember the area as quite unpleasant, too gritty even for me. I will have to scan those photos later to find out what they show.
Regards,
Gert
Old 09-19-2019, 08:21 PM
TE Expert

Who knows, maybe you will find some hidden treasures. Its too bad you never found the pub!
Old 09-20-2019, 07:38 AM
TE Expert

Trust me, I found so many others.