Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-09-15 7:15

Hello Malgo,
It's a beautiful photo and I would immediately have thought it was from Kerala. The similarities are obvious. Judging from the map it's not very far from where the ethnic cleansing of Rohingyas has been carried out by the army. That area probably also used to look idyllic. I get a bit upset when I read that you have so many nice pictures "that maybe I have never seen". What's the point of taking thousands of photos on every journey if you don't even have time to look at them?
Best regards,
Gert

Old 09-15-2019, 03:00 PM
TE Expert

Talking To holmertz: The point

Hello Gert,
Thanks for your kind words . What is the point of taking many photos? Short answer: when I will be too old to travel, I will make virtual jouneys . It happens to me sometimes, that I register details that are important later. When I went to Mrauk U, I was interested mainly with the views like on famous pictures by Leo or Vincz and one or two temples . And I posted the pictures from these places. But Mrauk U has much more to offer. Now I am interested more with the people . And I have many street scenes. And these canals. Today, when I was looking at them after many years, it was as if I went there once more. It was such a great joy. Maybe I liked Mrauk U more than Bagan. I could easily show photos from Mrauk U till my next journey .
Kind regrads Malgo
Old 09-15-2019, 03:17 PM
TE Expert

When is your next journey? Next week?

Cheers,

Gert
Old 09-15-2019, 03:34 PM
TE Expert

After 13th October .
Old 09-16-2019, 06:34 PM
TE Expert

Hi Malgo and Gert,

I'm pretty sure that I see at least once all the photos I take on a journey.
Afterwards at home, however, it turns out to be so much work to choose between similar and equivalent pictures. I often take the plan then to take fewer pictures on the next trip.

But I must acknowledge that I find it a pleasure to take photos during the trip, to search for the best point of view, to take a better picture than the standard view of something famous and to look for something original or an original angle for a well known site.
It's a kind of hobby that I practice while travelling.
And I want to keep practicing that hobby even though it will be a lot of work later on at home.

Perhaps it feels a bit similar for you, Malgo ...

Best wishes for both of you.
Paul