To holmertz: photo number 85 - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2020-03-27 2:52

Hello Jorge,
It's a good photo with fine light and nice colours. It surprises me that you start your Russian tour with this, because there is nothing with this statue to tell us about Russia. But I suppose you will be very chronological, and maybe this was the first thing you saw after checking into your hotel.
Regards,
Gert

Old 03-27-2020, 01:42 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: photo number 85

gert

this is the 85th image of my russian trip archive. I am ever chronological in my posts, when I arrived in my hotel, it was located few meters far from this building, but at first I wanted to get russian money, and it was difficult to get it. I spent more than an hours running inside russian banks, learning as they worked and asking for exchange and the women telling not, go to another bank... at the end of the day I was free to get some photos. I like a lot architectonic details and in fact this statue tells a lot about saint petersburg neoclassic mood. I guess UK, USA and russia likes a lot neoclassic architecture, maybe because they wanted a link with the ancient grandiosity of rome. SP isn't in fact so russian in aspect...

take care

jorge