Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 PM
TE Senior Member

Default good feature of the new version of the site

good feature of the new site
some of us were wondering what's new
i just realized the existence of the "most viewed" photos and the "favorite photos" available by region
could be good to be also available by city?

bad point: no explanations from the TE administration about the changes, a response to the main problems said in the other threads would be welcomed (as now, the forum is back to a quiet flow)
Old 06-06-2009, 01:22 PM

Default Re: good feature of the new version of the site

I don't think any method of identifying the 'Most viewed' photos is a good feature. All it will do is encourage the saddos who use whatever means available to raise their own profile on the site.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:53 PM
TE Senior Member

the two entries "most viewed" and "favorites" available by region is a way to find the most interesting photos of a place, some are in "most viewed" but have poor rating because the photographer isn't active on the site but it desserves attention, some others are in favorites and there is high chances to see good shots. some exceptions, surely, but i don't see the things negatively.
encourage the saddos (what do saddo mean?) to raise their profile => i don't get it, they have no influence on the people who will click on their thumbnail, neither on the members who will fav' the photo.
& whatever THEY do, it don't change my point of view on this feature (by region, and if only, by city)
Old 06-06-2009, 06:36 PM
TE Junior Member

When you see your own photo, I believe it counts as a view.

I believe it's a good feature, not necessarily a very important one, but good nevertheless.

I also believe that it would be nice to sort individual galleries this way, so as to quickly identify the favorites and the most viewed shots of a particular member. It would also be nice to know whether the "most viewed" come from some sort of external link.

But it looks like that since a couple of days after the new site was launched, the "TE team" (it's no secret that there's no such a team, by the way) has not been doing further debugging and/or restoring features that exist in the old site, nor incorporating any new features.

In fact the site is now running on "automatic pilot", and I'm not aware of any action and/or communications by the moderators/administrators/team.