Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 01:24 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: Not interested ? Do not care ? Indifference ?

Hi Lili;

I was only joking/ being sarcastic- I was not serious. I know that too many Thank You's will result in the image being removed ;-)

Have a nice day!
- Dan
Old 10-16-2008, 05:42 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Loξc

I am sorry, I think you misunderstood my previous post, it wasn’t a complaint.
I was just trying to share with Mike my view on how this site operates. In my opinion I think it is bit funny to have system of “ if you don't look at my photos I’m not going to look at yours”. But like I said before all this comes from a person who has been here only for two weeks, I could have got the wrong first impressions. But on the other hand, a couple posts above from a person who has been here for many years (davids), you hear that this site is not really about learning how to take perfect photo, but more of a place to make new friends. I understand and respect that.

Marc
Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi Daniel,

Sorry, but in the link their send me I didin't find nothing about "Don't reply with THANK YOU". Where I can read this?
I reply, but tos never ansew to me.

The reason is: Excessive "thank you" replies

If the reason stated above is incorrect, please reply to this email with an explanation and
it will be researched further and possibly restored. Otherwise the photo will be removed after 1 week.

Please see http://www.trekearth.com/terms.php for the TrekEarth terms of service.

Nice day, too!
Lili
Old 10-16-2008, 11:03 AM
TE Expert

OK, Marc, so it's my turn to be sorry! :)

I think all has already been said about the point system... You can be stopped by the wrong side of this system or you can go further (by turning off the point display in your profile) and only look the good side of TE (exchanging about our common passion with worldwide people)... It looks like you decided to stop, I regret it but it's your choice.

Have a good day,

Loοc
Old 10-17-2008, 12:21 AM
TE Expert

Hi Lili;

As I'm sure you're aware, they have recently re-typed the TOS. It used to be quite clear, but you're right it's no longer there as "Don't reply with Thank You". However, it does fall under the category of "Photo Discussions:
Photo Discussions are to be used for discussion about the photo." (as per the TOS).

Previous forum discussions about Excessive Thank You's.

All the best,
- Dan
Old 10-17-2008, 01:51 AM
TE Newbie

I'm a very new member and I have no complaints but praise for this website.
I'm here to improve my skills and creativity, to share the beautiful places I've been through the lens of my camera (and maybe a story o description of that particular location)and if in the process of doing so I make friends from other countries that will be a plus. When somebody critique your photos and help you with a workshop, all for free, you have to be genuinely
thankful.

I was reading the rules of this site and couldn't find a paragraph saying that your picture will be deleted if you say "thank you",but the rules encourage you to critique the photo concretely (lens, color, pov, contrast, luminosity, focus, sharpness, composition, techniques, pixels, framing, filters, and so on) and not just saying "nice shot", "wonderful color" or repetitive words that won't help you improve your techniques and creativity. So far I'm very satisfied with the members that use their valuable time to critique or to publish a workshop about any of my photos and to all of them: Thank you very much!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:32 AM
TE Senior Member

Hi Dan,
If this "Don't reply with thank you" it is not anymore in TOS, how can be against TOS.
Anyway, my reply was not only with "thank you", I always try to made a useful answer, to help when someone ask me.
If someone make me an compliment, automat I answer "Thank you". It is only good manners! Dot to delete a picture because good manners..........????

I think what we do now is just waste of time. The picture never come back, thei never answer...and read the point 8 in TOS:
"8. Respect the forum staff. We’re not here to make life harder to anyone. Any decision taken by the administrators and moderators is final and must be respected. Postings that disparage site administration will be removed.", than is enough clear.....DECISION IS FINAL.
Why we receve this:
If the reason stated above is incorrect, please reply to this email with an
explanation and
it will be researched further and possibly restored. Otherwise the photo will
be removed after 1 week.

Please see http://www.trekearth.com/terms.php for the TrekEarth terms of
service.
They never answer!

Nice day, Dan!
Lili
Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 AM
TE Expert

I don't know Lili, but as I mentioned... in the TOS it says this; 'Photo Discussions are to be used for discussion about the photo.'
To my understanding, that does not mean 'you are allowed to post 'Thank You's' to each and every visitor to your photo.

I don't know what more I can say Lili...
- Dan
Old 10-17-2008, 11:41 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: You

Marc, You have taken your photos down. Why?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi Dan!
If you look in my gallery you will see how often I said "Thank you" proportional with critiques I received.
So so to take out a picture only for that and lots of pictures against TE rule are still in TE I consider not corect.
I have no nore to say.

Lili