TE gathering in Norway summer of '07? - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Default TE gathering in Norway summer of '07?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there is an interest in a gathering in western Norway, the summer of next year. I have 2 possible locations; Bergen or Stavanger.

In Bergen there is a possibility of visiting several historical sights and allso visiting bouth Voss in the mountains and the islands surrounding Bergen.

In Stavanger there is allso a possibility of visiting historical sights, and traveling the fjords and visiting some of the few islands in the area. There is allso Sirdal and Jζren to visit in this area.

In early June of '07 the airport of Stavanger is celebrating its 70 year anniversary, and on that ocation there will be arranged an air show with bouth civilian and military aircraft. And the option of a flight with aircraft that dropped paratrupers and equipment over France on D-day. This aircraft has been converted to civilian status, and is a lovely DC-3 machine.

If you are interested, please give me feedback as to where you would like to visit, and what you might be interested in seeing.

I hope there is interest, and I would apprechiate if you gave your repplies on this forum because my mail is out of order...

Friendly,
- Halgeir
Old 10-24-2006, 07:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: TE gathering in Norway summer of '07?

I am at the moment looking in to prices of room and board here in Stavanger, and allso the prices for sightseeing trips in the area. I will hopefully be able to post these soon, in order to be able to give a fair estimate for people who might be interested.

- Halgeir
Old 10-26-2006, 01:40 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Halgeir,

I guess for the most of us Norway it's not right after down the corner... So it wouldn't be just for a weekend, but - if I take the long way - for a week. As I'm a kind of outdoor- and kajakfreak, I could combine a Norway-trip with a TE-meating. A trip of 1-2-3 days with kajak/kanoe?

Let's wait...

Jαnos
Old 10-26-2006, 05:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Jαnos,

This is a very good idea, there are lots of places where one can rent kajaks and other epuipment as well here in Stavanger and in Bergen. I will look in to pirces for sightseeing, kajak and bycikle rental, and room and board. I will be able to give better info some time next week.

Friendly,
- Halgeir
Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 PM
TE Junior Member

I regret to say that I am no longer able to plan a TE meeting here in Norway for next year. I hope to be able to arange a meeting for '08. I have resently taken charge of re-starting a photo club at my place of work. I hope to be able to attend some TE meetings next year to get inspiration for and ideas for photography, and a possible TE meeting here in Norway.

If any of you have plans for visiting Norway (Stavanger or Bergen) next year, please contact me and I'll help you as much as I can.

Friendly,
- Halgeir
Old 11-06-2006, 09:16 PM
TE Expert

Hi Hallgeir
A fine initiative to make a try for a Te gathering and there should be worth trying again later on..
Good to hear that you will engage in some local activities.
..and a good idea to try out some Te gatherings in the more central places of Europe - trust me as I already have met up with some fine photog in: Poland, Netherlands,Portugal,Switzerland and France.

Jack