To nerve: You bet! - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Kolyamour 2005-03-27 13:39

Great shot! North Rim is more remote and less visited. Beautiful place. Nice colours, good sharpness and no mist... Did you make this shot in the morning?
Thanks for share.
Nikolay

Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 AM
TE Expert

Default To nerve: You bet!

Yes, that is my next goal. I am saving money to do just that. Although I think film is great, digital can be as just as good and so much more convenient after you press the shutter. The problem is before you press the shutter digital cameras are unattractive to me. Either they (D-SLRs) are huge or look like miniature televisions with complicated readouts that I can't see, or they are too slow. Digilux-2 may be an option, but the jury is still out--and it does not take other leica lenses and has an electronic viewfinder (ughh!). I am waiting for the day that they will come up with a zero-additional weight digital back for an M6 or F3-HP...well, surreal dreams!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:51 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: To nerve: You bet!

Animesh, if you are using F3 and some Nikkor lenses,
dont hesitate to buy Nikon D-70 if you will go to digital. Itis compatible with many Nikon lenses and its very good body, - probably you know it. fast and reasonably cheap (around a thousand dollar i guess) well, its my experience so far.. :-)
bw
Old 03-29-2005, 08:06 AM
TE Expert

Thanks for the tip! But I bought myself a ~20 years old F3-HP only two years ago, and an equally old M6 not even a year ago, with lenses to go with them; so I must take with these cameras a reasonable number of good photos in my wife's eyes to qualify for a D-70. So a scanner is next on my plate.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:36 AM
TE Expert

its very cute.. love your humour..
best wishes Animesh..(my best regards to your wife
as well!) :-)