Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement trebuA 2010-04-21 12:21

Hello Vojko,
It's a real pity but I fully agree with Daniel's (danielswalsh) critique. The clouds are oversaturated and doesn't mach the foreground wich is too dark for such a bright sky. Processing such image should always remaining natural.
Please Vojko, don't take it wrong, this hard critique is not intended to be mean but pointing the bad processing is much better then all the flatering of other members.
My WS is probably not the best but at least more natural I think.
Regards,
Guy

Old 04-22-2010, 01:55 AM
TE Expert

Default To trebuA: Nice to see another honest critiquer...

Hi Guy;

What's happened to TrekEarth. I cannot believe the amount of sugar coated critiques. People raving about a shot as though it's the best thing since the Mona Lisa when in all reality it would not even get an honorable mention in a photo competition.

What ever happened to people trying to learn and grow? Sad state of things...
- Dan
Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Dan,
What's happened to TrekEarth ? In fact nothing special I think. I am member for more than 3 years now and I have always known this situation, the so called 'positive thinking'. Always find something positive to tell and avoid the negative critique, just to collect as much as possible green faces. That's the reason why I don't post pictures, only workshops (no green faces, just 'useful' or not and eventually a mail).
Another fact is the lack of own discipline towards the rules; for example, why are the so called 'additional view' allowed as workshops ? They are no workshops, they are only a way to circumvent the rule that says 'Do not post more than one photograph a day'
A third fact is: nobody accept any more to be said how to do something the right way, they all know better !
As you said Dan, sad state of things...
Regards, Guy